Luoyang Hotels

Our Members Say

Jinjiang Inn Wangcheng Park: Modern Hotel Chain

This hotel is nearby the Home Inn that I stayed at Wangcheng Park area. It looks pretty modern and nice from the lobby. I would try to book this hotel the next time I come to Luoyang. Value for money!!

- Great Location.
- Modern and clean.
- Reasonable Price.

Note: They have special rate for staying few hours.
4 hours (Y60) ; 10 hours (Y99)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel

Jinjiang Inn Wangcheng Park, Luoyang

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Home Inns- Wangcheng Brunch: Home Sweet Home

I was lucky enough to find this Home Inn with Single Room near Wangcheng Park. It is located west part of the town where walking distant to Wangcheng Park, Shopping malls, hospitals, and banks. The service and cleanliness is standard as other Home Inn in China.

I have no complaints as I only paid Y128 per night with internet and cable tv.

- Great Location
- Clean
- Easy to get taxi or bus on nearby street. I paid Y10-Y12 to get to Luoyang Railway Station.
- Walking distant to shopping malls along Zhongzhou Road.

note: you can try to book on www.elong.net

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking

Home Inns in Luoyang, China

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Luoyang Yijia International Youth Hostel: Worst HI Hostel Ever!!

I booked this hostel room through www.hihostels.com. I thought the hostel should be at least clean and well maintain. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

The pictures of the room is misleading on the internet. It shows the room with modern design, clean with balcony and attached bathroom. When I checked it, the lady at the counter could not find my booking, even I had paid 5% deposit and US$2.48 as booking fee. I booked a single room with attached bathroom for Y68 per night. Then, they showed me the room, the room is worst than a maid room, no window, smelly, single bed attached on the wall with tiny walkway, dark, squat toilet and a tiny sink with no window and extra space. So, I requested to upgrade to a better room for Y98 per night. So, I accepted it. Oh! the room is slightly bigger, but the window is facing the busy street with the market and traffics. The worst part is that the paint on the wall is creaking, no one has never cleaned or maintained the room before. Then, the water was not warm enough to shower. I already paid them, so I could not check out that night, and it is already dark in a slum neighborhood. So, I had to spend a night there. I checked out in the early morning and moved to Home Inn,( Wangcheng Brunch) .

Other terrible issue:
- People can smoke inside their restaurants.
- They don't have dryer, you got to hang your cloths with others in public area including on the staircase.
- The corridor is dark, and dusty.
- It is located on the east side of the town, slum neighborhood. The main street is under construction.. so the whole area is dusty and smoky.

The girl working at the counter is helpful.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel

Luoyang Yijia International Youth Hostel

• Martialsk profile photo Martialsk
  • Reviews: 31

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Peony Plaza Hotel: It's not 4*...

Adjacent to Xiyuan Park, the Peony Plaza Hotel is a ten-minute drive from the railway station and within walking distance of the reputedly beautiful botanical gardens. A short cab ride to the shops and restaurants downtown, this hotel is supposed to be a good base for trips to the Longmen Grottoes and the White Horse Temple, less than half an hour away if the traffic allows. During our stay, the traffic was terrible and we would have preferred a hotel on the edge so that we didn't have to battle the CBD traffic.
The haze was terrible when we were there and the smog thick. It was autumn time and apparently much better than it usually is.

The Hotel is dated and a bit grotty. I wouldn't call it a 4 star at all. On entry, it looks very flash but the carpets smell and the bedrooms are worn. The condition of our bathroom was poor and the standard of cleanliness in the room was not acceptable.
The staff were grumpy and loud and overall I'd say it could pass as a poor 3 star.
It was the worst hotel we stayed in during our travels around China.

The Revolving restaurant on the 25th floor was interesting and the breakfasts were very good with a lot of variety and well-prepared basics. The views were impressive through the murky haze!

Our bedroom on the 23rd floor afforded a great view down onto the Peony Square but again, the haze was very bad. I'm sure that during the flowering season the view would be full of colour.

There is a very cute bakery just across the road if you exit right from the main entrance. They produce some lovely Chinese sweet and savoury foods all freshly baked on site.

We walked down to the shopping centre and found a cute little bar and local places to eat so I cannot comment on the hotel restaurants

• Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Architecture
  • Written April 3, 2012
Tip Photo

the view from 23rd floor. Not bad at all!

• melosh profile photo melosh
  • Reviews: 395

Luoyan Youth Hostel: A "new" hostel

When I was visiting Louyang the annual Peony Festival was underway. After I had checked into a grungy cheap hotel, I saw a good clean and apparently new hostel: Louyang Youth Hostel 5 minutes from the bus and train stations. 72 jinguyuan Rd (Binjiang Office Buiding) Tel 0379-6520666.

It has an elevator. The rooms both individual and dorm seemed very nice.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written May 29, 2007

• yeikloen profile photo yeikloen
  • Reviews: 219

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tianxiang Fandian: Near The Train and Bus Station

Its a very basic and quite old. Not very well maintain. But the room was really cheap. Paid only about RMB100 for the room. Very prime location, right opposite the bus station. A bus station in front of the hotel will bring you to Zhongzhou Donglu, where most of the shops are located.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking