Degas Hotel (Jiefang Park)

No.1779 Jiefang Avenue, Jiang'an District, Wuhan, Hubei, 430015, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Wuhan

One-Armed Monkey-BeggarOne-Armed Monkey-Beggar

Travel Tips for Wuhan

In Wuhan bist ni allan....

by socrates_07

I think, at the beginning I should translate the Page Title. I am almost sure, just citizen of Austria understand it, here is the translation:
In Wuhan you are never alone.

Local people are looking for conversation in English whenever they have the chance. And that chance is tiny. I have been in Wuhan for about three weeks and I seldom saw more than one foreigner per day.

Before I give you a suggestion what to do in Wuhan I want to tell you something about my trip.
When I arrived there I was quite shocked because that city seemed to be dirty and poor. (at least compared to the chinese city which I visited before). And the problem, my girlfriend lives in Wuhan, so I had to stay in that city. But after a short time I found out, Wuhan is a very interesting city, too. You can do a lot of things although there are less sights than in Beijing or Nanjing. So I never felt boring because....
In Wuhan bist ni allan....

"Three or four days in Wuhan"

Now I want to give you a suggestion how to spend three (or four) days in Wuhan. During that time you can see all those interesting places. Of course I am just talking about my own experiance, local people may have an other idea what to show you.

Day 1:

In case you are tired after your trip to Wuhan lets start with an easy programm. So I advise you to visit Guiyan Si. Thats a temple in Hanyang. The temple is not very big, two hours should be enough. From there I would go back to Hankou to relax in the Zhongshan Park. In the evening you should go to the Jianghan Lu, the pedestrian precinct of Wuhan.

Day 2:

This day we will spend at the West Lake (Dong Hu). If you have enough time to spend in Wuhan, I advise you to visit just one area of that lake. For example Tingtao scenic spot. Thats the west part of the lake. We spent all the day there so we had to visit the West Lake again. Anyway, I had a lot of time...

Day 3:

The best time to go to the Yellow Crane Tower (in Wuchang) is in the morning. Especially if you want to take good photos of Wuhan's most famous sight. The photo in my intro of Wuhan was taken at noon. In the morning the sun would be behind you.
If you are not tired to see pagoda, you can go back to Hankou to the Jiefang Park. Or do you prefer to walk at the boardwalk of the Chang Jiang. But I advise you to go there in the evening, its quite nice.

Day 4:

In case you have one more day to stay in Wuhan and you didnt visit the Moshan Scenic Spot you should go there at Day 4.

Comments