Wuhan Hotels

• l_joo profile photo l_joo
  • Reviews: 2929

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

JiaRi (Binguan) Hotel

JiaRi (Binguan) Hotel is 88 Yuan for a single bedroom with internet and bathroom attached, located at the famous pedestrian street JiangHanLu of Hankou, inside TaiNing Jie.

In fact, hotels around this area are in similar prices.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written April 28, 2012

JiaRi (Binguan) Hotel

• l_joo profile photo l_joo
  • Reviews: 2929

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Apartment-room" Hotel

I arrived at Wuhan quite late at 5pm, at Hankou JinJiaDun Bus Station, and as I was tired I decided not to go walk around on the street searching for hotels, so I stayed at the nearest "apartment-room", 100 Yuan, photo attached is the apartment I stayed.

"Apartment-room" is not a hotel, they are modified-apartment rooms, they modified the apartment into 5 or 6 small rooms and each small room they charge 100 Yuan. I am not sure how they obtain legal license for this, I asked them and they said "Oh yes, this is a hotel with security...". Anyway I paid 100 Yuan and lock the door straight away.

The lady owner later came smiling at me "Oh btw, shall I get you a lady..."

• Related to: Trains, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written April 27, 2012

"Apartment-room" Hotel

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Home Inn: Near colonial area of Hankou

Home Inns are fairly cheap mid-range, no-frills type chain of hotels found all over China and each city will have several branches dotted all over it. This one was the first of around six I stayed at throughout my stay in China and I liked them so much that I became a member which entitled me to a discount each time I checked-in by showing my membership card. The rooms are normally a very good size with bright coloured walls and yellow tiles in the bathroom. You get a TV, double bed, a water dispenser providing hot and cold water, a kettle with green tea and such like, like you would do in a basic chain discount hotel chain in the west. The rooms are very clean, especially the bathroom which normally has a nice modern walk-in shower. Staff are nice and speak English well but things can get busy at reception as these places are very popular with business people. This particular one in Wuhan was well located as it was a short walk from the main shopping area on Zhongshan Dadao plus it was fairly near to the light rail station at Youyi Lu. My single room cost Y159.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 3, 2009

• RB_Oakes profile photo RB_Oakes
  • Reviews: 195

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mengtian Hu Binguan: The place in Hankou

The only thing in Hankou that is even close to cheap, but still I paid Y128 for a room. Nothing wrong with it, but as usual with Chian it's basic and noisy. But if you want to stay in Hankou, it's all you've got.

• Written October 19, 2004