Motel168 (Wuhan Wuchang Railway Station)

No.8 Jing'an Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei, 430064, China
Motel 168 (Wuhan Wuchang Railway Station)
Agoda.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Wuhan

Waitin' for the new birthWaitin' for the new birth

wuhan to yichang

by ammuphilip

i am a student from india studying in wuhan university.and we are having our winter vacations.so we a group of 6 gals are planning to visit yichang,but we know nothing much abt the place, the transport route.so can anybody help us out.our trip need to be a one day trip and should not be too expensive....looking forward for a reply

by menado

Yichang is where the 3 Gorges Dam located (the world biggest dam). You can take a group tour or hire a van (since you are 6 people) to go there. You may have to stay overnight in Yichang since it is a long way bus ride from Wuhan (about 5 hours). I was there last May, the Daba (Big dam) was mighty big.

by enzhu

You won't be able to do much in a day trip, you better plan more time.
If you have time, I think you can take a cruise on Yangtze river. I did it a few years ago. They will transport you from Wuhan to Yichang, then boarding cruise there. My trip was three days two nights and came back to Yichang again in the end of the trip.

by ammuphilip

how expensive will the cruise be?and will we hav to reach yichang by bus to board the ship? how did u do the booking and all?totally how much did it come around?

by menado

I took the Yangtze river tour from Wansian (just east of Chongching) about 3 days, stop over and tour in several beautiful small inlet and including bus tour to 3 Gorges dam. I paid about 750 yuan last spring for staying in doorm type cabin. I could not remember the tour company name but it is local Chinese tour company, so they speak only Chinese. I came across them by accident While I was looking for bus to Yichang from the new Chongching train station and a man came offered me the trip.

by enzhu

It was about RMB600 for the so called first class room. Foreigner has to pay 100 extra. They will pickup you at Wuhan about noon and drive you to Yichang so you can board the ship. It's about 5 hours driving from Wuhan to Yichang, but it will take about 24 hours if by ship I heard.
As menado said, the ship is mean for Chinese tourists, so there could be nobody speaks English. Don't have too much expectation on the room either even though they call it first class. It doesn't include food either. If you like English guide, nice room and food, then it will be over USD600, not RMB600.

by enzhu

Here is a tour as I said above:
However the price is 960 now. I'm not sure if it's b/c Spring Festival or inflation these years. The good thing is it does include food.

by ellyse

Yichang is about 3-4 hours by bus from Wuhan each way, so doing it as a daytrip might be too rushed. If it's the school holidays now, can't you afford 2-3 days?
I've gone on the 3 Gorges cruise before and it was nothing to sing about IMHO. If you want my full review and candid photos, email me directly at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username (eg ammuphilip) in the subject line, thanks.

Comments