Electric Power Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Yichang

Pray to the right gods?????Pray to the right gods?????

Cliff hugging and incompleteCliff hugging and incomplete

A model of the Dam and the surrounding structuresA model of the Dam and the surrounding structures

Boat down the YangtzeBoat down the Yangtze

Travel Tips for Yichang

The 3 Gorges Dam - New Bridges.

by K.Knight

The reason that this is the most expensive project in the history of mankind, another Chinese claim, is the amount of new bridges, roads, cities and infrastructure that has been built to relocate the residents of the Yangtze River.

As the water inches it way to the 175 meter target, all of the roads and cities will be underwater. For this reason alone you can marvel at the number of new bridges of all shapes and sizes that are being built along the entire stretch of water from Yichang to Chongqing

Yichang

by herzog63

"Yichang was kinda off the beaten path"

When I went to Yichang in 1987 there was only 1 other foreigner that got off the boat with me. He was a Dutch guy.His name was Ger. We hung out together as we wandered around what seemed to be a sleepy, grey city. The information that I have here will probably not be of any current use as from what I understand the Huge dam project is changing the face of the whole area. So Hopefully you can enjoy my pictures but you will need to check other sites for good current information. Yichang had it's share of the stare crowds. But overall I found it to be very friendly. We happened to walk past a school just as the kids were getting out so for the next couple of hours we had about 50 kids following in our footsteps sort of Pied Piper style! They didn't speak any English and we only new a few words of Chinese between us but it was fun.

"School Kids"

Here you can see the kids just mobbed us. They were showing us their school work, books and of course explaining it all to us. It was a pretty fun day after being on the ferryboat from Chongqing for 1½ days!

Comments