No.159 Shaoshan Road, Furong District, Changsha, Hunan, 410011, China

Dolton Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 138% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• zhouyida's Profile Photo

Beginning of the best time of my life

I went to Changsha to visit my future fiancee, arriving August 28, 2008. The service was above and beyond the call of duty. It was in the hotel lobby of the Dolton that I asked my fiancee to marry me! I was assisted by the Guest Service Manager Jack, who had on my first morning walked a few blocks down the street with me to buy contact lens cleaner, worried the store clerk might not speak English! Jack's wife had only the week before, had their first baby! On the morning of September 1st, I asked for assistance in ordering flowers, and he told me of the 100 flowers bouquet tradition, which I then had him order. I told Jack my plan to ask my fiancee to marry me, so when she came to pick me up at lunch, Jack had Dean, a valet ask her to come out and meet me in the lobby. When she came in, Jack walked up and gave her the bouquet and I stepped out from behind a column, handed Jack my camera, then kneeled on one knee and asked my Xiaoyun (in Mandarin) to marry me, and the whole hotel staff applauded. As we left, the bell boys and valets shook my hand, congratulating me! When I returned that evening, the female staff members at the desk smiled and nodded to me and those working the Moon Cake both, congratulated me, saying how romantic that was. My stay at the Dolton contributed to the happiest 5 days and 6 nights of my life up to that time!

Unique Quality: My room was beautiful and the cleaning staff, especially the main maid assigned to my room was the most humble and helpful person anyone could hope for as there maid. I was sorry she wasn't there my last day, so I could tell her thanks for all her help. Other outstanding help were the other bell boys/valets Colin and Hanker.

Directions: Railway Station Area