Central part of Baofeng Hu
Pagoda at Helong Park
I will be arriving Guilin early January 2010, since I have 14 days to travel, I am thinking of going to Zhangjiajie/Feng Huang Gu Cheng first.
The following would be my tentative itinerary:
D1: Arriving Guilin in the morning 1100, then take a train to Changsha, Hunan; stay a night in Changsha.
D2,morning: Leaving Changsha for Zhangjiajie; stay in Zhangjiajie.
D3 ~D5: Zhangjiajie.
D6, morning: Leaving ZJJ for Feng Huang Gu Cheng. Stay in Feng Huang Gu Cheng.
D7 ~D8: Stay in Feng Huang Gu Cheng.
D9, morning: Leaving Feng Huang Gu Cheng for Changsha.
D9~D10: Stay 2 nights in Changsha.
D11: Depart from Changsha to Guilin.
D14, afternoon: Fly home.
Now, I need some helps from the seasoned travelers for the following doubts:
1) Is the above itinerary too hectic? Improvement on it would be much appreciated!
2) Is there any direct transport from Guilin to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng instead of going to Changsha?
a) What is it?
b) how long to travel?
c) How much time to travel?
d) How much RMB?
3) Any other road transport other than train?
a) how much RMB?
b) and the time needed to travel?
c) How much RMB?
4) Actually, what is the best way to go to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng from Guilin?
Suggestions on better plans would be appreciated!
Looking forward to your great help!
Wow thats a big ask!!! I am not so sure that many of us are familiar with Hunan to the degree you need for this. My first impression is that as long as one of you speaks mandarin then you could probably do it. If not then you would need a quite a few notes written in Chinese for you or else have a guide. As far as RMB goes I would suggest that you wouldn't need much as you are off the common tourist routes. I looked at my map today and went gulp. Unless you had done this particular trip I doubt whether general advice would apply. Costs are going to very cheap as they wont' know to rip off tourists. I am thinking that any bus or train trip you would take would be less than RMB100 for any leg. Costs per day would be likely to be less than that but as for hotels I cannot comment for this area of China.
Thank you Chinamonty. Your answers don't seem to be helpful to me. Anyway, I appreciate your efforts to help and reassurance!
Hope someone out there has got the details!
1) Is the above itinerary too hectic? Improvement on it would be much appreciated! Ans: I think it is acceptable though I don't know why you have to fly to Guilin. You have sufficient time for ZJJ as well as FH.
2) Is there any direct transport from Guilin to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng instead of going to Changsha? Ans: No, no direct train.
b) how long to travel? Ans: about 12hrs
4) Actually, what is the best way to go to Zhangjiajie/ Feng Huang Gu Cheng from Guilin? Ans: by flight which is faster
Thank you, Poling!
Sounds possible, but hopefully you don't have problems going for the Guilin -- Changsha train. You might end up with no-seat since you're buying on the day of travel.
No direct route. It might be a little more direct for Fenghuang if you take train Guilin -- Huaihua then bus Huaihua -- Fenghuang, but the train timing is too tight (leaving Guilin at 1331) for you to make it, and you might not get a sleeper so the long ride (10h38min) wouldn't be comfortable.
Huilong Road, Yongding District, Zhangjiajie
Wujiayu, Jundiping, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie
Huajuan Road, Zhangjiajie
No.1 Jundi Road, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie
Latest Zhangjiajie hotel reviews