No.4 Xinghua Road, Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia, 021400, China

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Manzhouli

russian gaterussian gate

chinese boundary monumentchinese boundary monument

beifang marketbeifang market

russian houserussian house

Travel Tips for Manzhouli

Hulun Buir Grasslands

by wenzhi_travels

All the guidebooks say go to Manzhouli to see the grasslands. Don't. Go to Manzhouli to see the Russian influence and the friendly, Russian speaking Chinese people. If you want to see the Hulun Buir Grasslands, go to Manzhouli's neighbor Hailar and see the beautiful grasslands from there.

exchange market without russian sellers

by yangshu

there is a large sino-russo exchange market near the nation's gate. i expected to buy some russian goods, such as camera, lens, artcraft... eventually, i was dissappointed. no russian seller inside, only buyer. some russian suvenior stores sell so-called russian stuffs. i think they are made in china.

a russian chinese city

by yangshu

"mukeleng, the wooden house"

i promise you can not find so many russian wooden houses in any other cities in china. they take me go into a tale of far far north.

bright yellow and dark green, this special russian style make the port city a serial nice scenary. all these old house, called by local people mukeleng scatter arround railway station and bus station.

"new russian style archetecture"

on 5th street, it gathers all new buildings with bright color and stereous onion top. they make manzhouli a russian place, even modern than native russia.

Russian China

by wenzhi_travels

Manzhouli is a great town. You go there more for the experience than sites, although it does have sites to offer. It was the first place in China that I blended in more than Vincent, since they all thought I was Russian and the Chinese would come up to me speaking Russian, only to be shocked to find out we are both Americans. The Russian abilities of the Chinese in this town are amazing. That in and of itself is reason enough to visit, even if you, like us, don't speak any Russian. The people we met here were all really nice and seemed to appreciate the fact we tried to speak Chinese (unlike some people in other small towns who resented that we didn't speak fluent Chinese). Unfortunately the Russian border sign no longer says CCCP, but it's still worth the trip out there. Get some Russian food. Also get the buffalo wings.

A mini Russia

by sugarpuff

Well im in Manzhouli now but we're leaving tomorrow for pastures new!Ive seen quite a lot of Chinese looking Russians since being here which has thrown me a bit, but you can tell just a little bit that theyre not from the mainland...and of course when they speak to you! I have been mistaken for being Russian just about everywhere I go..at first it was funny, but now its just annoying...or maybe not annoying, but at least embarrassing...becauseI cant reply! Ive got thankyou and thats it...spaziba!

This border can only be crossed by car unlike the other place I was in which was by boat. We went to the border crossing and it was like the frontier queue in Gibraltar in the old days.......lots of cars...lots of hot, tired people, all eating pot noodle cos they've been there for hours and nothing they can do about it...no-one beeps here..I guess because they are dealing with the Chinese customs and not the Spanish! I wouldn't beep if I were here either! The Russians were buying things in truckload! Mainly clothes and household things as its cheaper here and better quality.The drivers of the big buses taking people back to Russia were Russian themselves and looked pretty scary I thought. They were big guys and all looked like they'd been in a few fights in their years, and quite possibly been drinking straight vodka too......blood shot eyes! And just as I was thinking this, one of them came over to me and handed me a bunch of roses! They looked like they were on the way out, but that's besides the point! It turns out they also cost about 500rubles which equals about 12pounds! Expensive, just for five roses...which have now by the way, all died!

Comments