Hanting Express (Nanjing Ruijin Road)

No.25 Ruijin Road, Baixia District, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210016, China
Ctrip.com

More about Nanjing

Entry to the park areaEntry to the park area

Fuzi Miao - Temple of ConfuciusFuzi Miao - Temple of Confucius

Dr. Sun Yat-Sen MausoleumDr. Sun Yat-Sen Mausoleum

stolen wallet yesterday bus 5 going to Zhongshangmen

by lestitsbebes

hi
how disappointed I am!! I have only been here for two weeks and I have already been robbed in the bus!! I was going in the direction of Zhongshangmen at about 6.30pm yesterday. I had my bag very close to me zipped and everything and without noticing anything, I was stolen my purse!!
I am alone here which is not easy at all, furthermore a woman so I am very vulnerable!! I had everything in it since I needed my passeport and credit card that day.
If you happen to find some documents, my wallet is a beige dolce & gabbanna with 8 credit card compartments .Among the most importants documents I have been stolen my credit card (cancelled now), my passeport (french), my driving license (french), and my french ID card.
Please contact me asap if you can help.
many thanks
laƫtitia

RE: stolen wallet yesterday bus 5 going to Zhongshangmen

by francischris

you should be very careful in crowded areas and public transport.I once took a bus in Chengdu and took out some yuan.Sombody must have noticed the wad of Yuan in my jacket.I was followed and when i sat down to eat at a fast food joint,i wrap my jacket around the chair.Thinking that this is safe ,as i have a friend sitting opposite me.Yet i was lift off 10000yuan n HK$80,000.The pick pocket must have sat back to my back and did the neat job without my friend noticing.Morale of the whole story is to be wary n better off taking a cab then using public transport.Keep valuables in the Hotel's safe.
You should make a police report and contact your emassy in Beijing for help.
Take it as fate,i know how you feel.This can happen anywhere in the world...but not Singapore.

by leonik

"This can happen anywhere in the world...but not Singapore."

i'd have to disagree though, safe as it can be... theft can happen in Singapore too! maybe, except Bhutan and North Korea? the only other people who are likely to rob or steal from you are your fellow travelers...

i sympathize with your situation laƫtitia... perhaps it's a good idea to invest in a money belt or pouch... with your valuables (like credit card, large denomination of notes, passport etc.) kept in them. and keep your wads of cash in different places, on person and in your backpack/luggage etc.

by lestitsbebes

I was helped by my neighbour and my Chinese colleague at the police and fortunately they were here to help as I don't speak Chines yet. I have to wait for the BSP now. I know it can happen anywhere and I have been to many countries alone and never felt insecure, drove to thousands of kilometers alone, travelled through countries alone. I am starting to fear going out now since I am alone and I think that each time they are staring at me it is because my head is flashing US dollars!!! I know that it sounds stupid but unfortunately that's how I am feeling for the moment and pissed off!!!
I just fear that the reputation of the country worsen with coming Olympic Games!
Thanks for your supportive emails.

by ellyse

You're not the only person it happens to. In my 3 years here, I've had at least 3 handphones, and 3000 RMB worth of cash (in RMB and SGD) pickpocketed from me.

Travel Tips for Nanjing

Dragon Well Town, Hangzhou: My...

by vigi

Dragon Well Town, Hangzhou: My favourite place among my 1998 Nanjing trip. Here is the garden growing the best Gragon Well Tea in China. What is better than a wonderful country side plus a cup of brain refreshing tea? Their home-made style lunch was fabulous too!

Nanjing Bridge

by SLLiew

This is a famous landmark, the Nanjing Bridge crossing the mighty Yang Tze river. It was the first bridge over the Yang Tze and was built by the Chinese after the Russian suddenly abandon their economic development when both Communist parties went their separate ways. Apparently, the construction of the bridge is too low for many ship to sail pass under.

Anyway, we were caught in the traffic crawl on the way back. There was nothing much on the other of the river and one side is Nanjing.

Perhaps, it is just OK to view the bridge from Nanjing downtown side but I had to cross the bridge.

Linggu Scenic Area - Linggu Temple

by Willettsworld

The temple was first built in 515 under the reign of the Liang Dynasty (502-557). It used to lie at the northeast foot of the Purple Mountains where the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum is now located, since Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang chose the place to be his mausoleum and then the temple was moved to the present place. The temple was named by Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang himself. It used to be large and covered an area of over 300,000 square metres. Later it was destroyed in warfare under the reign of Emperor Xianfeng and rebuilt under the reign of Emperor Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). The approach to the temple features a wonderful hall known as the Beamless Hall built without a piece of wood or a single nail. The temple itself is fairly unremarkable and there seemed to be both construction and deconstruction going on when I was there. It's the Linggu Pagoda that draws visitors as it's possible to climb for great views.

Admission: Y80 for Dr Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum & Linggu Temple, Y70 for Ming Tomb, Y140 for combo ticket.

Comments