Hanyuan Hotel

No.20 Tongwei Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210095, China
Ctrip.com

More about Nanjing

Monuments outside the Nanjing Massacre MuseumMonuments outside the Nanjing Massacre Museum

Fuzi Temple DistrictFuzi Temple District

PaintingsPaintings

Great Bridge on Yan TseGreat Bridge on Yan Tse

Travel Tips for Nanjing

The "in" place to go!!

by albaaust about Various!!

I haven't got a photo or a specific address but I can tell you where the "in" place to go to is in terms of thousands of local Chinese.

We stumbled upon this eating hive of activity by accident but could not ignore it- imagine hundreds of Chinese queued up outside a number of restaurants and when you go in you are assaulted by steam everywhere and people hunched over small coal "BBQs" steaming an assortment of vegetables, fish, meat etc.

Where? The area near the Confucius Temple known as Fu Zi Miao

Beamless Hall

by socrates_07

The Beamless Hall is the only survival from the Ming Dynasty in Linggu Temple area. It was once called "Hall of Boundless Life" because it was built to the worship of Amitabha Buddha whose name means "Boundless Life".
The brick-vault structure was built without a single piece of wood or beam, hence its current name. In 1933 a cemetery was constructed there so that hall was changed to a sacrificial hall in which are 110 black stone tables inscribed with its names of 33224 dead officers and soldiers. The State Council declared it a key national historic relic on June 25, 2001.

Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046

by marsistanbul

"Why can't it be like before..."

.....When I was looking at the out side from my window,I felt that I am in 2046,and I am Chow Mo-wan(the main character)..Was I looking for an advanture or looking for my "Bai Ling"!!!! I think,I saw her for awhile..but disappeared!!! Angela sings Casta Diva..I am still trying to leave 2046:o)
(2046 is a movie..written and directed by Wong Kar-wai )

Nanjing,the capital of Jiangsu province,is situated at the south bank of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River.It is the political and cultural center of Jiangsu province,covering an area of 860sqkm with a population of more than 5 million.
Nanjing is a city with grave memories.Various ancient dynasties have taken Nanjing as their capital,built their glories,flourished their riches,and then vanished through the flow of history,leaving merely palaces or tombs to be dated back nowadays.

"Wengzhong Path"

250 meters long,constitues the second section of the sacred way.This section is flanked by a pair of balusters,two pairs of Generals and two pairs of civil Officials.
The balusters,with a cylinder crown at the top as well as cloud and dragon design over the column,have changed the convention of topping the balusters along the sacred way with lotus-flower design since the Tang and Song Dynasties.It is of innovative significance in art.
The statues of the General and Official stand there with great dignity,guarding the tomb with their loyalty...

"Old man and ERHU"

It was a sunny,but sweltering and sticky day..I was trying to catch a good shoot and I heard a resonance..melancholic and inviting..I just walked to the voice and I saw this old man..I came close behind of him and I started to listen old man's song.He were tried to play something but he were stopping and thinking something an later play on,but I think,he were try to pronounce his own aloneness..
Later on..I came closer to him and asked"may i take your photos" and as you see I got my good shoots.
I met with him over my Chinese friend,and he gived us some infos about ERHU..How it made from,how it is playing.. We chat with him about his life..about future and past..Ming tombs..Chinese music..nature..he was a real wise man and a good story teller..
When I look at so far..I saw the silhouette of Nanjing city..It was like HADES and I felt myself that I am in EDEN's garden..
We said to him "farewell',he was very happy when we were talking and when we said "goodbye"..his sadness embraced his face again..
Unfortunately,I walked to HADES..

Comments