9 Shanxi Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210009, China

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• fipsi's Profile Photo

Nanjing’s first mover cooks extremely well

I think the Superior Club Rooms which we occupied gave a very good reason to stay in that hotel. Due to the brown shaded interior the atmosphere was cosy, and the room was delightfully spacious. Huge windows provided an elevated view of the city. The design was rather minimalistic, with straight lines and little décor. Two little artworks in the shape of curled busts were grading up a business corner, which was perfectly situated next to a window. The marble floored bath room consisted in fact of two rooms – one with a wash basin, and one which contained the toilet, a bath tub and a shower. Both parts were individually accessible, and connected by a sliding door.

Unique Quality: Sofitel’s credo of combining French elegance with local culture is absolutely followed in the Sofitel Galaxy, at least when it comes to its restaurants. Besides the rather casual Spectrum 7, where both Western and Asian cuisine are served, there is the more elegant Le Mistral, offering traditional French cuisine and local specialties.

Read more on my Jin Sha Blog

----------

• ITjetsetter's Profile Photo

Sofitel Nanjing

good location, excellent clean hotel.
    Great food, beautiful and modern furnished room. Even a "Pillows Menu" !!!
    certainly to be tried.

• dragon0419's Profile Photo

Nanjing's greatest location

I was very happy with my stay at the Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing. Everything from the room, service, and surroundings was 5 star quality.The staff was pleasant, knowledgeable about the city and very helpful. I had no problems exchanging travelers checks to RMB. Of course my room was just fabulous. What I like most was the location! Hunan Road is a 5 minute walk down the street. Many great restaurants and stores along Hunan Road. There are two McDonalds, a KFC and a Pizza Hut within a 5 minute walk. If you walk down to the end of Hunan Road (about 20 minutes), you'll find the subway station, a Starbucks and Xuanwu Lake.

Unique Quality: My room was just beautiful.

Directions: Hunan Road

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

A Very Accommodating Business Hotel

When I arrived in Nanjing I ran into a couple of problems. Firstly I arrived there after dark. No one on the bus from the airport could tell me where I was and I did not have a good map of the city for the fact that I dropped my copy of Lonely Planet in a taxi back in Jinian and lost it. Now I did not think that I would have a problem because I had written down in Chinese the name of the hotel I had booked for three nights in Nanjing. However when I showed this to three different taxi drivers all I got was a confused look. I would discover later that I had been booked into a hotel that had been closed for renovations. So I was walking down the street attempting to find any hotel that would have no matter what the cost. I saw off in the distance the sign for the Sofitel Galaxy. I figured that would do even if it probably was somewhat over my budget. Fortunately they had a room. And what a room! For what I got at about $95.00 US was amazing. This was a business class room with all the amenities that would have cost over $350.00 in a major North American city. This room was so nice that on my first night here I could not sleep comfortably because I felt guilty.

Unique Quality: I had a big king size bed which was as usual as hard as a rock (which I like). There was a flat screen TV with satellite connection. The bathroom had a jacuzzi and was about the size of my living room in Toronto. My only problem with the hotel was that the restaurant was way over my budget so I had to eat elsewhere (Pizza Hut). The hotel lobby bar was rather luxurious compared to other I drank in China.

Directions: City Centre. Although the hotel is close to lots of shopping and the business district, it is not near any of the cities tourist attractions. The metro system is about 1km away.

Comments