Hotel Ibis Suzhou SIP

More about Suzhou

A canal in TongliA canal in Tongli

Zhouzhuang Water VillageZhouzhuang Water Village

Garden of the Master of the NetsGarden of the Master of the Nets

I wonder what kind of English men are available?I wonder what kind of English men are available?

Questions on trian ticktes.

by JennaWang7

Hi again,

I have a travel agency in Shenzhen who can book and get train tickets for me and just pay her when I go there to pick them up. As opposed to paying first and then getting the tickets. Yes, I do pay her an additional agent fee of RMB 20 per ticket for her service.

So my question is this? Does anyone know of such an agency or person in Suzhou who can do this for me. We need 17 beds on train T116 to Xian?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Jenna

Re: Questions on trian ticktes.

by RandyWang

Yes, I know a great agency here in Suzhou.
Call the Sheraton Hotel in Suzhou at 0512-6510-3388 and ask the operator for their travel agency. Ask for Peter.
I don't know all your specifics so I can't promise they will be able to help you, but this is by far the best travel agent in town.

Travel Tips for Suzhou

ShiZi Lin Garden (Lion Jungle Garden?)

by yirutang

Its name means the jungle of lions. I think lion means stone here since Chines use stones to make lions. So the name indicates the garden has a lot of stones.

As I previously mentioned, Wang Shi Garden is famous for "stone" arrangement. It was the favorite place to all suzhou kids because there are endless caves to explore in the garden and it expreience can seldom be duplicated.

If you ever wonder where those stones come from, they are all from the buttom of "Tai Hu" lake. They are washed under the water for thousands of years so that they are smooth and white. You cannot find similiar stones anywhere else. The great canel is built partially because they want to deliver the "Tai Hu" stones up to the captical (Beijing) to construct the royle gardens there.(However, I've been to Beijing once and visited the royle gardens, but was quite disappointed by them. ). Stones are carefully crafted (just like diamonds) and some good stones got their unique names (yeah, just like diamonds). Among all the "Tai Hu" stones, there are two pieces of stones that are most famous for the beauty of its shape. One is now in Liu Garden and the other is in my middle school (which was previously the central bureau for silk and clothing production for "Jiang Nan" area. (In the old days, woman from suzhou are considered most fashionest. Even officiant wifes in the capital will follow the fashion trends led by Suzhou woman.)

A piece of side information: It was the residence of the Pei family which produced the famous architect I.M.Pei who designed Louvre Pyramid.

Suzhou city

by Mr_JaPi

"My shirt work visit in Suzhou (autumm 2008)"

I was visit in Suzhou shirt time. I was worked there. I liked Suzhou city because i feel that its little village but anyway it was quite big city. There is nice walking streets and u can make shopping there...

Comments