Rising Hotel (Dandong Shiyiwei Road)

No.3 Shiyiwei Road, Zhenxing District, Dandong, Liaoning, 118000, China
Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Dandong

Central plaza, by train stationCentral plaza, by train station

Short bridgeShort bridge

First glimpse of North KoreaFirst glimpse of North Korea

Kaegogi(dog meat) at different N Korean restaurantKaegogi(dog meat) at different N Korean restaurant

Ferry from Dandong to Incheon, South Korea

by uhnbom

Does anybody know from where the Dandong ferry to Incheon departs and where to by the tickets, preferably directly from the ferry company?
My chinese is very limited so I don't expect to be able to ask (and understand the answer) just anybody on the street. I´m planning on taking this trip in april 2008 and I hope there´s no trouble getting a ticket during my 4 day stay in Dandong...

by DSwede

Looks like it leaves 3pm on Sundays and Thrusdays (but I also saw a post that said it leaves at 2pm). You could call a day or two in advance. Looks like the information number is 0415-710-0228

Any of the hotels would provide assistance to call them.

Thanks.

The thing is I won't be staying at a fancy hotel, I'll just be coming out of the DPRK and will stay at the cheapest hotel I can find. The biggest problem really is getting to the actual place from where the boat leaves.

by DSwede

Hope you enjoy your trip into DPRK, I did. Very surreal experience.

My experience in Dandong was that even the least likely of people could speak some english. But you should have good luck if you go to the tourist information booth in front of the imfamous Broken Bridge.
Dandong Ferry Company telephone - 0415/3152666

The terminal is actually about 35km from the city. Because Dandong is on the Yalu River and the open ocean is still a bit further south.

by uhnbom

Thanks...I'm sure it will work out just fine...

Travel Tips for Dandong

Cross the North Korean border

by pravit726

I'm sure there are plenty of areas where you could do this, but the most famous one is "Yibukua"(one step cross), accessible from Hushan Great Wall. I read lots about this place before I went, but my own North Korean border crossing experience proved far more difficult than I had expected. Visit my Hushan page for the whole story and more details on how to get here!

Hushan page

Dandong...

by Katie&Jordi

"...where the Great Wall meets North Korea"

To keep up with our tradition of entering a country only to run to the border, we had to go to Dandong, a border town with North Korea. It was also going to be Jordi's birthday and I was determined to celebrate it in style. What better way than going to the Great Wall (Chang Cheng) for the first time?

There are some other sights, like the bridge that once linked the two countries, but is now only complete on the Chinese side. We saw no need to climb it, though. It can be viewed from the rivershore.

At night, it's more striking to see the lack of lights on the North Korean side than the array of neons on the Chinese side: apart from a single bright light that is given off from a distant city center, the rest of what the naked eye can see of N. Korea is swallowed in darkness.

Comments