Super 8 (Shenyang Zhong Lian)

No.34 Nansan Road, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning, 110001, China

fossil showfossil show

Long'en GateLong'en Gate

mask dancingmask dancing

Statury of Lu XunStatury of Lu Xun

Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by vorgal

I was wondering if many people have ideas on what a naive Aussie like myself can do here when I'm not working? Im 26, I like beer, music.....ummm. Thats all I'm saying for now, but anyway If people have good ideas, drop me a line. Now where'd I put that damn koala?

Re: Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by urban4est

Hi! You can start by going with friends to the KTV (karaoke) places. When you find one that has a good selection of English songs let me know for my next trip. If you become a regular maybe you can get them to add some new songs. There are plenty of bars, try the big hotels. Korean restaurants are very good there if you like Korean Food. Do try Shenyang Duck which is better than Peking Duck.

If you like to swim they have a large indoor pool in the city. Restaurants of all types are plentiful. In winter there is ice skating if you skate. Soon the street vendors should be selling the fruit sticks, Yummy.

I haven't been to Benxi Water Cave, but it sounds very interesting.

Shopping is good in Shenyang and you can see the Jade Carvers at Xueyan, not too far.

I wonder if Snow Brewery has a tour. That is the local beer.
acrobatics (of world class), singing and dancing.
Xincheng Menghuan Film Capital, 9 Tongze Beijie Street, Heping District. Tel 23410991. I haven't seen it but it is famous. There is a Botanical Garden with lakes. The Old Qing Palace is interesting with museum.

Take up a martial art, this will keep you busy and get you in with locals.

I wish I had vacation time to go back. I like the sugar coated jujube on a stick.

By the way, if it really bothers you to eat dog, then tell people before they order for you at the Korean restaurants.

You can call a dinner meeting of VTers in Shenyang. The last dinner had several VTers and their guests.

Re: Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by yangshu

dan tell all you want to do, then do it. if you want more info, mail me.

a vter in shenyang.

RE: Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by sinfan

Are you still in Shenyang? I was just there earlier today. I bought books on... um, learning Chinese. Anyway, my friends told me there's a nice bar called The Bee House. I'm not sure where exactly it's located but I'm sure you'd be able to find it. I hope you're having fun!

RE: RE: Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by yangshu

i m in beijing now. and will be back tow days later.

bee house, i think it's bi feng tang, a cheap night bar but i do not like it. i recommand you irish bar and starbuck and bakus.

have fun in shenyang. hope to see you.

RE: RE: Shenyang and fun, compatible?

by sinfan

Well, actually they also opened a Bee House here in TieLing. Ridiculously expensive though! I only go there to watch the Filipino singers (they have two and they are good). I think the bar is quite nice. It should be, being expensive and all.

Travel Tips for Shenyang

RIP: Nu'erhachi

by ellyse

East Tomb (aka Fu2 Ling2) is the final resting place of Nu'erhachi, the 1st emperor of the Qing dynasty.
The tomb compound is built in the style of a palace compound, with the tomb itself at the furthest end of the compond.
It's quite a way from downtown Shenyang, when we visited in January 2007 it was quiet and peaceful. Not many people make it out here, it's a good place to sit and meditate if it wasn't so cold (winter)!
IIRC, admission costs 30 RMB.

Comments