Jinjiang Inn (Xi'an North Second Ring Road)

No.111-1 Weiyang Road, Weiyang District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, 710016, China
Jinjiang Inn (Xi'an North Second Ring Road)
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Xi'an

Cycling near the North Gate - Xian City WallCycling near the North Gate - Xian City Wall

Pomp and ceremony.Pomp and ceremony.

Xi'an - ChinaXi'an - China

Stop at a factory of lacquer and statuesStop at a factory of lacquer and statues

Flight from Xi'an to HK

by asianbelle

We are planning to travel to Beijing in the 3rd week of October. From there, we would like to pass by HK before returning to Manila. However, we are also interested in visiting Xi'an. After browsing through VT, I learned that Xi'an is about a 12-hour overnight train ride from Beijing which is fine with us.

Given the above itinerary, is there a direct flight from Xi'an to HK? If none, do we need to go back to Beijing or is there a city closer to Xi'an from where we could catch a flight to HK?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

by sugarpuff

I looked on www.yoee.com which is the flight website i always buy my tickets from, and it sems that you have to fly out of Beijing to go to Hong Kong. Of course there are other cities too like Shanghai that you could fly out of as well...I am sure there are other big cities as well, but i cant find by checking on the internet. You could of course fly to SHENZHEN form Xi'an and then take the bus over to Hong Kong..that is also a convenient route and a lot cheaper as Hong Kong is considered international and so the prices ashoot up.

by asianbelle

Thanks for your prompt reply. We will consider your suggestion of flying to Shenzen or if time will be limited, we may have to scrap Xi'an (hopefully not). I'll also look up the website you mentioned.

by asianbelle

Me again, I visited the site of Dragon Air. It seems they have a direct flight from Xi'an to HK every Friday evening only.

by chiabh

hi aida...

it would be cheaper to fly x'ian to shenzhen which i did during my last trip to x'ian... the train journey to hk from shenzhen is fast and efficient, so no problems...

.chia

by asianbelle

Thanks Chia. How long is the train ride from Shenzhen to HK?

by francischris

If u land in Shenzhen airport ,it is a distance to downtown n train station .I suggest u take the coach from airport direct to HK.Check at the counter as i have no idea on the fare price,but should be reasonable.

RE: RE: RE: Flight from Xi'an to HK

by stivgross

I used Yoee.com also to book my mainland flights. Others here swear by ctrip and elong, but yoee seemed to have the best service as far as returning emails and sending back the e-ticket pages as attachments avoiding the paper ticket deliveries worries. (and they accept US credit cards)

Another option to consider is to fly from Xi'an to Guangzhou and then take the nice KCR train (< 2 hours and less than 190HKD) to the Hung Hom station in Kowloon area of Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui). I have noticed some nice deals from Xi'an to GZ of yoee lately and there's about 10 KCR trains from GZ to HK each day if you're not too keen on bus rides and you've got a fair bit of luggage to lug. You will have to take a metered taxi of public transport from the airport to the KCR rail station.

Another non bus option from Shenzhen is Turbojet. They will shuttle you from the airport to the dock, hold your hand through customs and get you to the China Ferry terminal in Kowloon (Canton road)within an hour on their comfy hydrofoils. Turbojet.com

Xi'an to HK as mentioned before is considered an international flight and you may end up paying double the airfare of the other two options (Guangzhou or Shenzhen) and you have to deal with HK airport transport.

I'd definitely try to work Xi'an into your trip if only for the Warriors, the Muslim Quarter and the bike bike ride around the top of the Xi'an city wall.

by asianbelle

thanks so much for the tips and options you shared... really very helpful information... we will keep them in mind when we finalize our trip plan. ;-)

Travel Tips for Xi'an

Recuperation

by solopes

Everywhere in China people work hard to recover touristy spots.

That was mainly seen in Beijing, but also in Xi’an. Many monuments exhibit covered facades, but also there are works on-going with visitors around.

The Big Wild Goose Pagoda was no exception, but the disturbing to the visit was minimum.

CHEESE!!

by Museeuw about Azur in Sofitel

CHEESE!! In this restaurant I finally had real cheese, after three weeks looking for it. They even had blue cheese.
The buffet we had in this western restaurant was good, but I wouldn’t describe it as western (except for the cheese and some other things of course); it was more a Chinese version of western food. But it was good.

Shaanxi Museum

by SallyM

This is an excellent museum, with exhibits including artefacts ranging from the prehistoric era via Qin, Han and Tang etc. to the Ming dynasty.

I found the metal joints that were designed to hold building timbers in place particularly interesting. I was also fascinated by the animal themed pots and grave goods. The latter included a model of a workshop and a pig sty.

Allow plenty of time for a visit - we ended up rushing it, as we were delayed in traffic jams visiting the Terracotta Army.

THE TERRACOTTA ARMY

by BerniShand

I can remember the first time we heard about the terracotta army, in the late seventies, and my husband sighed and said that if there was one thing he wanted to see before he died, it was that. We never imagined we would ever be able to go... it was a dream come true

Nothing prepares you for the sight of them standing there row by row, we had seen surely every documentary about them that was made, but the size and quantity of the figures is incredible.... you will have to go yourself and see.

Ok for a fleeting visit-Banpo Neolithic Village.

by albaaust

This is located on the east bank of the Chanbe River of Xi’an. This is a museum on the site of village remains of a matriarchal clan community of Neolithic age that existed 6,000 years ago in the Yellow river Valley. It covers an area of 50,000 m and is divided into residential, pottery making and burial sections. We found this museum a bit touristy but the video demonstration which showed the building of various houses excellent (English as well as Chinese footage).

Comments