Tianyou International Hotel

No.12 South Section of West Second Ring Road, Lianhu District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, 710077, China
Expedia.com Ctrip.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Xi'an

Our pretty Blonde - the locals loved her !!Our pretty Blonde - the locals loved her !!

Big Wild Goose PagodaBig Wild Goose Pagoda

Ring my bell!Ring my bell!

Xi'an - ChinaXi'an - China

beijing trip to xi'an

by tabando

we will be i Beijing for 4 days. We are allowing only a daytrio to Xi'an. After reading thru the forum about Xi'an, we came up to a plan and please help if this duable.
1. we fly to Xi'an in the morning, is there a flight as early as 0500?
2. as we get there, we plan to see terracota warrior, Big goose PAgoda, the tombs, city wall. can we do all these ? Cosidering the travel to these places, can some one also priorities these places so we can manage our times better?
3. we plan to return to Beijing via train and travel at night, what is the latest time to leave Xi'an. Our flight back to US from Beijing is around 5pm the next day.

If someone can help me, I really appreciate it.

by GenXVoice

Hi Tabando -

I took the sleeper train both ways out of Beijing when I went to Xi'an and found that I arrived in plenty of time for everything, was able to catch a bus to go to see the Terra Cotta Warriors and had enough time to wander the city for a few hours before my train seeing the Muslim Quarters and having a bit of lunch - but did not have time to see the Pagoda like I wanted and had to set it for "next time". I just think it all depends on how long you wish to stay at each location. If you are willing to limit each location to an hour or two, then perhaps, but local transportation does not exactly run on schedule and unless you are fluent in Mandarin or have a day guide - you might will need to prioritize your list down to your absolute "must sees".

Our VT members have great pages on Beijing and Xi'an with information and tidbits! Here is the link to that page for Xi'an:

One in particular is member, Sugarpuff who has lived in Beijing for many years now and is great about taking day trip excursions and writing tips. You might check out her pages for insider tips on transportation.

Have a great trip! China has been one of my most favorite and memorable trips to date!

by xian_48

Hi, that train leaves Xi'an for Beijing at 20:30. T44 and T42. they are all overnight trans. yes, there are direct flight from Beijing to Xi'an. the flight which is arrival Xi'an at 09:30 is a very best one for your tour.
here is a very early flight from Beijing to Xi'an
CA1203 北京--西安 arrival time: 9:25:00

and here is Xi'an airport website: http://www.xxia.com:81/index.asp
you can get more flight information. hope that can help you for ur tour in Xi'an. cheers.

by ellyse

1) I think 0500 is too early. When are you travelling?
2) Which tombs? Xi'an has more tombs than a chocolate chip cookie has chocolate chips!
3) I would aim for Z20 (2016--0717). Later trains take at least 1.5 hours more.

by tabando

thank you for your answers. We will be in Beijing on Nov.19 to 22, 2010 and we will be doing this tour on our own, or is it better to join a tour group in Xi'an, any suggestions?

by ellyse

No need to go with a tour.
BTW, if you have only 4 days in Beijing, I think it would be too rushed to fit Xi'an in.

by xian_48

it's not good to join a tour group in Xi'an, unless you have much free time on souvenir shop with tour group together.

Travel Tips for Xi'an

Bei - Dong - Nan - Xi

by socrates_07

This is a general tip which is not only adaptable for Xi'An but for China as well.I will tell you something about the point of the compass.
For the emperor of ancient China these terms were very important, you will notice it if you see the construction of the cities,especially of the capitals. Xi'An was the first capital of China and here we have an example of a construction in such a way.
The center of Xi'An is the Bell Tower. Bei Dajie leads to the North Gate. 'Bei' means North, 'Dajie' means Main street. Dong Dajie leads to the East Gate. If you want to go to the South Gate (and you are at the Bell Tower, of course) take the Nan Dajie.Finally, Xi Dajie leads to the West Gate.
It doesnt mean you can't get lost in Xi'An anymore but with this knowledge you know how to get to the center of the city.

As I told you, these terms are omnipresent in China. For me it was easier to remember these vocabulary when I used these mnemonic:
Beijing means Northern capital, Nanjing is the Southern capital, Donjing is the Eastern capital. (you will be surprised when I tell you, Dongjing is not located in China,it means Tokyo in Chinese)
Maybe you noticed there is the term 'Xi' in the name of Xi'An. It means: Western Peace.

I could tell you some more examples but I just wanna repeat...
Bei - North, Dong - East, Nan - South, Xi - West. No, no, I am not a teacher.. ;-)

Chinese use another direction... to the middle, the center. This is called: Zhong. For example, 'Zhong Guo' literally means: Empire of the Middle.

In the Chinese language there are more Bei, Nan, Xi or Dong. Even if these tones are equal they may have different meanings.I think,if you see any steet sign,the meaning should be the point of the compass.But if you remember the chinese caracters... THEY are unique.

Maybe my tip was helpful for you, one of the most important tip: don't forget to take the address of your hotel with you.It should be in Chinese,taxi drivers often don't know the english name.

Air flights to Xian

by albaaust

We caught the plane from Shenzhen to Xian. The airline was China Southern and cost: 650 Yuan plus 50 Yuan fuel surcharge plus 100 Yuan other taxes. The flight itself took two and quarter hours and a very smooth flight. Our flight was for 9.15 am but we left at 9.45am and arrived at Xian at 12.05pm. We were carrying wine in our hand luggage bags. Customs requested that we have them wrapped in a polystyrene box at the packing area just before you go through customs. Cost about 5 yuan. The box was then put with the rest of our luggage.

The Great Mosque

by Waxbag

Located in the heart of the Muslim Quarter is one of the architectural and cultural gems of the city, the Great Mosque. This place feels distinctly Middle Eastern but one look at the beautiful structure and you know you are still in China. The ancient mosque has an overwhelming Chinese influence in the art and architecture of the complex. Originally set up in 742 AD during the Tang dynasty, it has been enlarged during the Song, Yuan, Ming, and Qing dynasties. Walking around the courtyards, pavilions, and gardens has a meditative effect on the visitor. Chinese gods consistent with a Buddhist temple are present here in calligraphy, sculpture, and paintings. Despite the images of dragons, phoenixes, and other mythical Chinese creatures there are colorful decorative patterns in the walls that is more consistent with the Islamic art and doctrines of no images in religious art. The Hui people have been able to practice their religion despite an atheistic government and their exquisite mosque seems to have weathered the storm of the Cultural Revolution and those awful Red Guards.

Drum Tower

by nattybabe

The Drum tower is similar to the Bell tower (and not far from it), it is a smaller building which marks the boundary to Xi-an's very interesing and entertaining Muslim Quarter. It was first erected during the Ming dynasty in 1380.

I enjoyed the Drum tower more than the Bell tower for some reason, even though the tower is smaller, there were less people and I was able to look around at my own pace.

Hours: 8am - 7pm
Entry: Y12
(or Y25 for both towers)

the terracotta Army - Pitt 2

by stevemt

This pit has been largely left undisturbed until they can work out how to preserve the color

However, there are some solo figures on display including the 1 figure unearthed intact. - Look at his back for one of the few remaining traces of color.

Comments