Youyi Hotel(Xi'an Xiwu Road)

No.83 Xiwu Road, Xicheng District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Meibao Hostel Xi'an Siwu Road Revolution Park
Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Xi'an

Tracy and I at the entrance to Pit No. 1Tracy and I at the entrance to Pit No. 1

Part of the ArmyPart of the Army

Tang Dynasty ShowTang Dynasty Show

The Bell TowerThe Bell Tower

I need a summer job.

by eecchhoo611

Hi, I'm from Hong Kong Baptist University but a local citizen. Now it's summer time and I am free at home for 3 months. I'd like to have a summer job, like private tutor to teach Chinease or a tourist guide. Since I just want to practise my English, make some friends and kill time, I don't really care about the pay, just to cover my expense...pls contact me at eecchhoo611@hotmail.com

Re: I need a summer job.

by vigi

Friend, you need a license to be a tour guide both in China & HK.

Re: Re: I need a summer job.

by eecchhoo611

Thanks, my friend, I know it. I don't expect a formal job. As i said, I only want to spend the summer more easily , taking care of some foreigners who are not familiar with our city. I am not talking about HK, it is Xi'an, where most of the population dosen't speak English making a foreigner's life more difficult here than in hk.

Travel Tips for Xi'an

To the North

by walterwu

Plenty of shops selling all kind of products ranging from food, clothing, bags, etc.

One particular shop was selling most clothing at 38RMB including 2 layer down jackets. Really cheap. Did'nt had the size of the one I had chosen. Now, I kicked myself for not buying others items as 38RMB is cheap compared to Beijing or other parts of Xi'an.

On the same street, one shop was blaring out 10RMB for any bags, luggages. Again, because we wanted to buy one in our return leg to Beijing, we didn't buy one and fully regretted having to buy one 20" trollery luggage in Beijing (XiuShui) at 80RMB.

Remember to bargain even though the offer price is very cheap. 20%-30% of initial asking price by seller

Best Chinese reataurant in Xi'an

by jasmine_ding about Real Love Chinese Restaurant

There are two Real Love Chinese Restaurant in Xi'an. One is in the Hi-tech zone, the other one is close to the Small Wild Goose Pagoda (Xi'an Museum is opposite to it).

It is the best Chinese restaurant in Xi'an. It's the No.1 choice for people who are looking for a place with dainty food and elegant tone. Unlike other Chinese restaurants, this restaurant is quiet, so clients can enjoy food without disturbance of noise and "passer-by", because the clients here have good tastes and good manners.

The dishes are delicate, no matter they are made of vegetables or seafood. I like these dishes:
Pan-fried beaf fillet
Papaya allo salad
Stone-pot ...
Tomato tofu soup
Eggplants with garlic sauce
...
Actually you can order dishes after you check their menu.

Great Mosque

by lindyz

In the heart of the Muslim Quarters is the Great Mosque, which is a blend of traditional Chinese and Islamic architecture. China has a very small percentage of Muslims living there, with the Great Mosque being a place they can worship and lead their religious life. The Great Mosque's construction began in 742 and it is indeed an impressive place to visit. It is very serene and picturesque with many photo opportunities, consisting of Pavillions, gardens, gateways and a Worship Hall. I really enjoyed the short time we spent here. Im sorry but I dont know the exact address of the Great Mosque.

One of my favourite China pictures was taken here. Simply, a barrel filled with water and water lillies and a small insect on a flower. Please have a look!

Something quite funny happened here, Tracy and I will forever laugh at this! There was a room filled with old broken furniture and we could hear a cat meowing in the room. We looked closer and could see the cat, and I said to George "why doesnt he get out of there?" and his reply was (very seriously) "I don't know, Im not a cat!" You probably had to be there to appreciate the humour in this, because George was NOT trying to be funny, he was dead serious.

Knowing Chinese history by visiting a museum

by jasmine_ding

Without a doubt, the Shanxi History Museum is the best museum in China, with a collection of more than 370,000 exhibits, though none of us can see all of its exhibits. The complex was built in the Tang dynasty style architecture; the exhibits cover a time period from the Stone Age-1.7 million years ago to the 20 century.

I have visited it no less than 4 times. Every time I was attracted by those items related to the civilization, art and culture. There are so many exhibits that it would take forever to see and learn about all of them. I'm sure that you will enjoy the national treasures and the ancient wisdom during the visit. Look at the pics of my tip, and then discover these treasures.

Tang frescoes made 1300 years ago are shown in Shanxi History Museum. They are beautiful, but they are displayed only on Mon, Wed and Fri, and there is a extra charge of 150 or 200 yuan. Maybe it will change.

The museum is open from 8:00 to 17:00. The entrance fee is 35 yuan. It is as great as the Terrocotta Army, so please put it into the list of must-see attractions in Xi'an.

The Drum Tower

by socrates_07

Was built in 1380. Quite similar to the nearby Bell Tower, the Drum Tower also has a triple-eaved, two-storey wooden structure high off its rectangular brick platform, which is 52.6 meters (172feet) long, 38 meters (125 feet) wide and 7.7 meters (25 feet) high.

Comments