Champs Elysees Business Hotel

Champs Elysees Business Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• My Qingdao Stay

First of all, this Hotel is rated too high, on this site. It is not a 4 star hotel by any means, maybe a 2 or 2 and 1/2 star hotel. The front desk was friendly enough and one of the attendants understood and spoke enough English to be helpful.
    This shotel has a reastaurant, which is on the 9th floor, but there is not bar, and there was no cold beer available at the hotel, I had to go next door to the restauarant to buy a beer and bring it back to my room. I had asked at the front desk if there were room service, and I got a "no" nod from the attendant at the desk.
    My room which was on the 10th floor, included breakfast in the restaurant on the 9th floor. the restaurant only served a chinese buffet breakfast; the food was not kept hot, except for the hot soup or souey milk, what ever it was. There was no coffee or tea available or even hot water available, in case you had brought your own instant coffee like I did. I had to wait until I went back to my room to make the coffee from the hot water flask in my room.
    The carpet in my room was badly stained and looked dirty all over. It should have been replaced months ago. The room didn't really smell bad or anything, just that the carpet looked dirty!
    The bathroom was clean and nice, with a nice glass enclosed shower. The toilet seat was very loose, I wasn't going to try to tighten it!
    I had a king sized bed and comfortable enough. overall for the price of 218 rmb, I shouldn't complain too much, it's probably worth it.

Unique Quality: I had a nice view from the 10th floor overlooking Shandong Rd. and the view of the city with a view of a mountain (maybe Laoshan mountain)?
    There is no pool, not much of anything really. the lobby is small, this is why I think who ever rated this hotel as a 4 star, never stayed here!

Directions: About 1/2 a block to the main intersection of Shandong Rd. and Hong Kong Middle Rd.
    The Shangri-la Hotel, is just around the corner from this hotel, on the right, as you go onto Hong Kong Middle Rd.

Comments