Qingdaoshan Hill Battery Fort Site
This park is located between the city centre and Zhongshan Park. During the German occupation from 1897, it was called Bismarck Hill and a famous underground command post was built. In 1914 during the Japanese occupation it was renamed the Longevity Hill. The hill has also been named Jingshan Hill since China resumed its sovereignty over Qingdao in 1922. The whole area was opened as a park in 1986 with the underground battery fort being restored and opened to the public in 1997. Four landscapes have been built in the park, namely, "Spring Harbingers", "Green Waves", "Delightful Serenity" and "Sea of Plum Blossoms" which correspond respectively to the four reasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter. The hill offers some good walking opportunities which the locals make use of.