Municipal Government Office
The impressive Town Hall, or Municipal Government Office of Tsingtao was built in 1904 by the German administration. During the history the Japanese took control from here and later the Chinese. In a 1989 reconstruction effort, the ivy was removed and the entire building was replicated. From the front there is an unobstructed view down a wide avenue to the sea.