Qufu Hotels

Our Members Say

• jorgejuansanchez profile photo jorgejuansanchez
  • Reviews: 657

chinese hotel near the Youth Hostel: good Chinese hotel

I asked first the price in the Youth hostel, and I found it very expensive. Then I walked, no more than 50 meters, and found a hotel (see the picture). I talked with the owner and she asked me the price of the Youth Hostel. I said to her the price and then she decided to offer me the same price, but instead of a dormitory, like in the youth hostel, I got an individual room, very nice, on the ground fllor.
I was very grateful to that lady! that hotel, in the corner of the same street that the youth hostel, was 1000 times better!

I paid a price of Youth Hostel for a very decent individual room with a king size bed.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 21, 2014
Tip Photo

Very decent hotel for a fair price

• wenzhi_travels profile photo wenzhi_travels
  • Reviews: 25

Confucius Mansions Hotel: Convenience and Comfort in Qufu

We chose a double room with a bathroom. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, although it didn't have heating. The bathroom was also clean, but in an arrangement that's common to China, the shower didn't have a curtain or even any sort of tub seperating it from the rest of the bathroom. The hotel also comes with a restaurant, although we found it a little pricey and so didn't go, and also offers to arrange train tickets and the like. Given the convenient location and the comfortable rooms, I'd recommend this hotel for others. Make sure to ask for a room with a window. Unlike in many other countries, rooms in China don't always have windows, so you must request one.

The hotel's location is it's primary advantage, located at the main crossroads in Qufu puts all of it's lodgers within short walking distance of two of Qufu's three primary attractions, the Kong Family Temple and the Kong Family Mansions. Our second floor room had a great view over the street and the city's old drum tour, letting us wake up to rustic views of Qufu's simple, agricultural scenery.

• Written May 2, 2005
Tip Photo

• Yso profile photo Yso
  • Reviews: 180

Youzheng Binguan: Excellent service

Great hotel. English speaking staff. Fantastic service. Good restaurent downstairs with menu also in Engilsh.

Prices can be negotiated (I paid 200 instead of 260 Yuan)

Clean, comfortable and reasonable quiet

• Related to: Budget Travel