Queli Hotel Qufu

Ctrip.com Travelocity Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• Ged_UK's Profile Photo

Qufu Shuili Hotel was an absolute dump

I visited Qufu in Spring 2006. I was visiting some cities in Shandong and I'd heard lots about Qufu. I booked in at The Qufu Shuili hotel. It looked smart enough from the road. I was shown upstairs to the second floor. There were friendly girls at the reception desk and I booked a room for rhe night for 200 RMB. The room was dirty. The wallpaper was grubby, ripped and hanging off. There was only one sheet on the bed so I had to take a bottom sheet of the other bed in the room, to serve as a top sheet. I couldn't see much of the bathroom as the light over the mirror had the brightness of a dying candle. The bathroom and shower were very suspect. The fittings were broken and the toilet roll holder was solid rust. The place was a dump and I would advise people to stay away.

Qufu is a wonderful places but do find a decent hotel.

Unique Quality: Smart on the outside squalid on the inside!

The friendly staff didn't give me a key merely unlocking and locking on request.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Right on Confucius' Back Step

The hotel is comfortable, but not extravagant. The restaurant is also not too shabby, but I prefer dining out in the night market across the street.

Prices are negotiable particularly on off-peak times. We got a 3-bed room for 220RMB, including breakfast.

The bar is not worth stopping at, so better try to find something outside.

Unique Quality: Less than 5 minute walk from both Confucius' Temple and Mansion.

Directions: 1 block south of Confucius Mansion