Baolong Homelike Hotel (Jinian Road)

No.325 Jinian Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200434, China
Baolong Homelike Hotel Shanghai Jinian Road
Travelocity Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

Go early if you can!Go early if you can!

let's eatlet's eat

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Salem Lights - Hard to find in Shanghai CitySalem Lights - Hard to find in Shanghai City

Cheap Shopping

by chloe73

Hi,

I will be travelling to Shanghai end of this month. How is the weather then?Where can I find cheap kid's merchandise? Are there any places like Hong KOng's Ladies Street or Temple Street or any other cheap shopping area?
Xiang Yang Market will be closing this May right? Is there any other nite market besides XY market?
Thanks.

by conniechong

Xiang Yang is closing by end of this month and there will never be another Xiang Yang Market in Shanghai anymore.

About cheap shopping, I would recommand Qi Pu Road where you can find buildings whole-selling all kinds of products. It's wise to cut at least 50% off for every price bargained. You may get a taxi at Renmin Square and the fare will be around 15 RMB.

Sorry I have no idea about nite market.

by molenaar

Most of the reports that I have read have said the market is closing at the end of June, (http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/811/2006/03/17/198@63133.htm). Can any one currently in Shanghai confirm this. Cheers Catherine

by conniechong

oops.. sorry, confirm it is closing by end of this June, to be exact, 30th June 2006.

by molenaar

Thanks for the confirmation, we are going to be in Shanghai during the first week of June so I'm glad we will still get to experience Xiangyang

by chloe73

Hi, i'm going Shanghai 1st week of June too. Where are u staying? I'm flying from Singapore, what about you. So we could still go to Xiang yang Market :).
Are u going free and easy? Would u like to share you iternery?
Hope to hear from u soon.

And thanks all who have replied to my post, THANK YOU!

by molenaar

Hi again, my Husband & I are travelling from Australia for a 2.5 week trip to China. We are going to Hong Kong first then Beijing and finally Shanghai (staying at Holiday Inn Downtown). Hopefully we will get to see the market in Shanghai but fortunately for us we will be able to go to the Silk Market etc in Beijing. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it will still be open.
Regards
Catherine

by irish.pad

I heard the market was going to be relocated somewhere else in Shanghai. Anybody knows anything about this?

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Frenchtown

by xiquinho

Like the Bund, Frenchtown (also known as the French Concession) was the district controlled by French colonial officials and is today a paradise for shopaholics. Along with shops, it boasts French colonial architecture and numerous cafés and restaurants.

Shan Xi Nan Lu metro stop. Accessible 24 hours.

Shanghai Metro

by SLLiew

Shanghai Metro is fast, comfortable and affordable but there are few stops,

Often, I just use it to get to the closest place, then hop on a taxi or a bus to my final destination. It can be very crowded and so watch out for your wallet or purse.

All the lines will meet at People's Park which is just a stone's throw from Nanjing Road.

Sister city of Rotterdam

by asianbelle

Take a walk along The Bund. Until then, I was of the impression that Shanghai, aside from temples, is a bustling cosmo and all skyscrapers.

But, when I reached the Bund, it was like I stepped into Europe, with all those old buildings lining one side of the Bund. And more surprise came when I was told by a Dutch colleague that Shanghai is the sister city of Rotterdam. Talk of trivia.

Show 'n' Tell on the Bed

by lindyz

It has become a fun tradition for Tracy and I to have Show 'n' Tell on our bed the day before we are due to come home from a holiday. Its a lot of fun because by the end of our trip, we have no idea what we bought at the start, so when we get stuff out and put it on the bed, its like giving presents to ourselves!!!

This time, I had to do 2 bed-fulls of goodies, they simply wouldnt all fit on one bed!

Street Scene - People

by Anouk&Ric

"China has to be seen on the streets"

National sport : smoking !

3/4 of the male population smoke in China. And the older they are, the more they smoke.

But they apparently live quite long...

"Mix of generation"

Generations are mixing on the streets; it seems that old people and young people have a lot to do at the same places.

"The young people"

The number of young people in Shangai is very impressive. It is one of the first statement one can make. It gives this feeling of a brand new country with a young and emerging generation.
And the background of this photo is here to remind us that others have already had the same thoughts.

"Probably the second national sport :"

Karaoke as a very entertaining occupation on a Sunday afternoon in Shanghai.

Ahh these young teenagers who are singing love songs in english... a real experience (for your ears) !

Comments