Belvedere Service Apartment

No.833 Changning Road, Changning District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200050, China
Belvedere Service Apartment
Agoda.com Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Shanghai

PondPond

wowwow

The Bund Museum, ShanghaiThe Bund Museum, Shanghai

Cozy rainy evening at the BoonnaCozy rainy evening at the Boonna

Hostel for Grand prix

by davo84

Hi everyone i am after a hostel that would be situated close to or in a convenient location to get to and from the sinopec Formula 1 race circuit which is situated 30 miles outside of shanghai.
Can anybody tell me what are the options for public transport to and from the race track please. I understand that the Grand prix event is held at the most busiest time "Golden Week". So any advice or infomation would be much appriciated!

Re: Hostel for Grand prix

by Lance_in_shanghai

I'm not an auto racing fan so I don't know the location. If it is 30 miles outside of Shanghai, it must be nearer some other small city. But then sometimes we hear "X distance away" when it really means "X distance from the city center" or, in the case of Shanghai, "X distance from the Orient Pearl Tower" which is actually in eastern Shanghai. One web site I found says the race venue is on the western outskirts of Shanghai but that is still a wide range. Please pin it down a bit more.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Money Exchange Shops in Shanghai

by machomikemd

remember that there are 30 RMB commision charge when changing money in these shops. Changing Money in Shanghai is simple but a tip, changing foreign currency in hotels are better than changing in money shops in downtown why? exchange rate of $1 - 6.75 RMB in hotels but they charge NO commission fees! while in moneyshops in beijing area the exchange rate is $1 - 6.86 RMB (which is higher) but they charge a 30 RMB commision per TRANSACTION so it is better to change foreign currency in hotels since they have no commision charge!

also good to exchange in Money exchange shops in various factories that you visit after tours, they may be tourist traps but you can exchange foreign currence to RMB there WITHOUT Commision charges! so when in a factory (whether jade or silk or ceramic or whatever) change your money into RMB and have no commision charge! Besides US Dollar, they also accept euros, japanese yen, thai baht, HK dollar, Macau pataca, Philippine Peso, Singapore Dollar, Malaysian Ringgit and Others!

Once the sun sets......

by ino_hsb about The Bund

The Bund is a must see and is located in Nanjing Road. One side of the river has modern architecture and the other side has Neo-classical. You can stay at Peace Hotel to have easy access to this location. The only problem here is that there are too many people and vendors so good luck on finding a nice quiet spot.

Best Dessert in Town!

by simcard about House of Flour

If you are a sweet tooth craving for something sweet in Shanghai, don't miss House of Flour. This is a small cafe located at the metro station called Zhang Jiang High Tech on line 2. Both my husband and I consider their dessert the best in town. Try "Deadly Chocolate"!!!!!

Besides dessert, they also serve very good breakfast and sandwiches. This place is always packed during lunch hour!

Hanging out at Hangshan Road

by goglobe

Hangshan Road boasts a popular night spot with a line-up of decorative buildings and bar areas on side walks similar to Paris cafes. Here I'm hanging out with a bronze being...we're expecting night fall when the bar-seeking population flock in.

Shanghai Surprise

by kphstar

The surprising thing about Shanghai was that it was so disappointing. It was a revelation that I couldn't comprehend. Considering that I was so eager to head to the land of a billion Black head, I thought I would fit right in and have a great time. How wrong I was.

I had done so much research before heading to Shanghai, that I'd thought that everything will be a breeze and fun was the only foreseeable forecast. Unfortunately, most of my expectations of Shanghai was shattered by the end of my trip and I was relieved to take my family home.

Sure Shanghai is seen as a progressive, slamming head first into the capitalism market that now florish throughout China. With neon lights that rivals those of Vegas, Skyscraper that unsurpassed and all the amenities one would expect from a first world country. But with all these progress and developments, I so surprised to find that the locals are so backwards.

Sure there was the immediate communication breakdown, but any attempt to understand each other seem to have been quickly brushed aside. There was time when help was at hand, but this only came by way of Hotel staffs.

By the end of my trip I concluded that everyone there was out to make a buck and us tourist seems to be all wearing a big Bullseye on our back and a "Sucker" scribed on our forehead. Some of the locals seems so rude and forceful that it became so tiresome by the end I did want to play no more.

I hate being a whine but the trip was over when I got pickpocketed. I am still amazed, slightly impressed and feel utterly stupid that that had happening.

Sure Shanghai is alot of great attractions but they're out numbered by the bad ones in my book.

Comments