Bevrelly Oasis Chamber Shanghai

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

Fresh oysters and mussels mmmmm!!!!!!Fresh oysters and mussels mmmmm!!!!!!

more bottled watermore bottled water

The Tea Shanghai Yu Qing Cha LouThe Tea Shanghai Yu Qing Cha Lou

Manhattan-esque...Manhattan-esque...

Safe for women traveling alone

by lizzytex

Can anyone tell me if Shanghai is safe for a single woman traveling alone? Thanks in advance for your time!

by parisbill

I'm a male but I grew up the youngest of six with four older sisters. No problem traveling alone in big cities of China. Police & Military everywhere.

Caution in all that we do whenever we travel anywhere.

All will be well

bill

by bminorca

Yeah, it is pretty safe. Violent crimes are really rare. Always exercise cautions.

RE: RE: Safe for women traveling alone

by honestjohn

Among the big cities in china, Shanghai is the safest.

by maria_hz

It seems only men have replied so far. I feel much safer here in China than in my previous home town, Helsinki (and Finland's supposed to be rather safe too :). Usual cautions should be taken, but I have not had any reason to fear for my safety either in Shanghai or Hangzhou. But foreigners are safe here in general, women too. I do take taxis late at night, but maybe I'd avoid the darkest alleys later at night. I don't go out much at all during night, but the times I have done, I've been fine.

Enjoy your time here!

by lizzytex

Thank you all for your responses!

RE: RE: Safe for women traveling alone

by chinagale

Hi, Our family lived in Shanghai during 1998-1999. I absolutely fell in
love with China and I travel back to China by myself every year or so. I spent a week back in Shanghai last October and then took the overnight train to Beijing and spent a week there. I am a 53-yr old woman and I feel perfectly safe--but I never drink too much and I take the same safely precations I would take traveling at home! Have a great time!!!
Chinagale

by ellyse

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Take a stroll

by kesitian

Take a stroll away from the touristy places. For example, if you're close to Jing'an Temple, follow Nanjing Road to its end and just wander. You'll get to a busy area with small streets and many small restaurants. If you're somewhere around Yuyuan (Yu Garden), stroll away from the touristy parts, preferably towards the west. This is where you'll experience a taste of "real" Shanghai!

Shanghai Train Station.

by Guantanamera

Pictured here, the main train station in Shanghai... As you see, people are seated in the waiting hall... They are not allowed to go to the platform until security personnel let them, just prior to the departure of the train... Also notice the electronic sign display is in Chinese, and there is no English translation... Thus, you will need to know the Chinese characters for the city you are going to in order to be sure you're in the right waiting room...

Spa Visits

by tnmom

When in Shanghai it's great to take advantage of the inexpensive pampering available - massages, foot massages, manicures, etc. One of my favorite places is Dragonfly Spa - nice relaxing spa atmosphere for a fairly cheap price. A one hour Chinese massage or foot massage is 120 RMB (less if you become a member - pre-pay on an account). Several locations - the best are at 20 Donghu Road and 3911 Hongmei Road, Web: www.dragonfly.net.cn
For nails the Frangipani chain is great - they have multiple locations and do a very nice foot massage as well.

Keep in contact with those back home cheaply

by lindyz

On our first day in Beijing we both bought a China Mobile Sim card - the cost was not as cheap as I had been led to believe, it was 180rmb = about $32AUD, which included I think 50rmb of calls. This one was slightly cheaper than the first one offered to us as it had unlucky numbers in the phone number!!! I made a few quick calls back to Australia using it, then realising it was not such a cheap way to keep in contact. My hubby then rang my china mobile from my mobile phone back on Oz, it was a bit cheaper. Then, he decided to try and ring from our land line, the price came up a day or 2 later on our pc and it was something like 30c for 2 minutes - WHICH WAS DIRT CHEAP!!! So, this was indeed the cheapest way to keep in contact. By ringing from a home phone in Australia to a mobile phone in China.

We found out how to check your phone balance on China Mobile Sim card. You ring 13800 138000 and then press 2 for English and then 2 again for balance.

Another very cheap way to keep in contact was via computer use at our Hotels, I was quite amazed at how cheap it was. Prices ranged from 5rmb-15rmb for half an hours use on the Hotels computers. For those not taking a lap-top to China, this is indeed an inexpensive way to relay holiday information. Only problem was that I could not access Facebook, for some reason it had been banned in China. But, half an hour on the pc was long enough for me to check emails and also to check in on vt.

Yu Garden and Bazaar

by traveloturc

"Dragons"

Each section of the garden is separated by curved white walls crowned with the head and body of a dragon. It's named after the original owner

"pool"

fishes in the pool of yuan garden

"rocks"

Yu Garden is decorated with rocks. One of the rocks is said to have been the property of Emperor Hui Zong (AD1082--AD1135) in the Song Dynasty. Rock buildings, such as the Grand Rockery and the Hall of Mildness, are the sites you shouldn't miss.

"temple"

"Lion"

the Lion is protected the garden

"Nanxiang"

The famous Nanxiang restaurant is near the entrance of Yu Garden, selling various types of delicious steamed dumplings. The tasty food attracts a swarm of locals and tourists

"tea House"

Beside Yu Garden the Bridge of Nine Turnings zigzagging across an ornamental lake leads to Shanghai's most famous tea house. Bill Clinton, Gerhard Schroeder and the Queen of Great Britain have been guests there.

Comments