Chinas Best Value Inn (Shanghai North Bund)

No.307 Zhapu Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200080, China

Another view of Pudong's giantsAnother view of Pudong's giants

Xin Tian Di ParkXin Tian Di Park

car radios

by Maggah

is there an area or street in Shanghai where they sell stereos and the like for cars? Found a market in Guangzhou (so of course I've forgotten the name.......!) where they had stall after stall of TVs, DVD players and speakers etc. for cars. Is there anywhere similar in Shanghai?
Ta

RE: car radios

by neverstoptravel

you may try weihai Road.

by gaolei

Xu Jia Hui is the electronics area in Shanghai. You will find stores with many floors of electronics and computers here. Just take subway 1 west and get off at Xu Jia Hui. It is a stunning shopping experience.

by Maggah

Thanks to both. I know Xiu Jia Hui but haven't yet found any car stereo systems there!! Lots of other goodies though....... Computer gadgets you never knew existed but hey, it's EXACTLY what you always needed....

by neverstoptravel

if wanna car stuffs, try weihai road.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Hairstyles

by Travelchili

I can say that observing local people in Shanghai was definitely one of my favorite things. It was my first city to see in China and thus, I was taken by many cultural differences. I couldn't stop looking (OK, I wasn't staring!!) at different costumes they wore. And the hairstyles were unbeatable!

Avoid the Jinjiang (White) Taxis in Shanghai

by ragrar

The first couple times around, I thought it was just poor luck, but I seem to get fleeced nearly every time I ride around in the Jinjiang (white) taxis. Although I am not a native Chinese speaker, my Mandarin is fairly fluent and I've lived in Shanghai for close to two years. But in most of my experiences, the Jinjiang drivers tend to take a longer route than they have to (when you have to make several major turns in the inner ring highway to get around _within_ the city, that's a problem).

If you have the flexibility to choose your taxi, stick with the Da Zhong (turquoise) or Qiang Sheng (yellow).

by vigi

1221. The Dining Room is on my MUST GO list, simply the finest resturants among all I visited in Shanghai. Located in the corner of an old small building, serving fabelous Shanghai/Chinese dishes with Western dining decor, relaxed and fun. We experienced high levels of warm service from the lady owner (front row 4th from the right). Rreservation is neccessary, always full house! Appitizers (assorted). Apple Soup. Spicy Sliced Beef with Bread.

The Bund.
this picture was...

by gigi_huang

The Bund.
this picture was taken in a cloudy day. In sunny days and at nights, the view is much more beautiful.
The Bund is called 'the museum of world buildings'. Shanghai was the colony of Britain, France, Japan, Germany and Italy during early 19th century. The bund reveals Shanghai's history.

Bejita's new Shanghai Page

by Bejita

Oh! Every HK people have a chance to go Shanghai nowadays, for sure I had the chance too. Last year I have been sent to stayed in Shanghai of 6 weeks business trip in Shanghai. The first impression for me, the Shanghainese has slower beat compare to us HK people, however, after 3 weeks I can slow down my beat to fit for living there, I feel peace has came on me.
The City is growing fast, place is clean and people were educated now. You can find a lot of newly built skyscrapers and very impressive. I visited the building along the Bund, I love the mood there and the style of architecture that we don't have in HK. Try to get into those banks along the Bund, they had great interiors to see.

Comments