Citic Pent Ox Metropolis Business Hotel

No.1081-1089 Pudong Avenue, Pudong New District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200135, China
Citic Pent Ox Metropolis Business Hotel
Expedia.com Ctrip.com Travelocity

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

left pic- my favorite salad(serve without order)left pic- my favorite salad(serve without order)

me aginme agin

A beautiful scroll paintingA beautiful scroll painting

Some dim sums that we hadSome dim sums that we had

mr burkinshaw

by peterburkinshaw

dear sir,i will be visiting shanghai in march 07,i would like to take the mega lev from the airport to my hotel.can you please tell me where to get off for my hotel.i am staying at the central hotel 555,jiu jiang road,and how long will it take me to walk from the station to my hotel.

many thanks, mr peter burkinshaw, ( uk )

by emmet7

it is a 5 minute ride; there is no getting off till the terminus, where you will walk downstairs and take a taxi or the metro. I recommend you have the hotel name and address printed out in Chinese and their telephone number. Enjoy!

by neverstoptravel

Get off the megalev at terminal which is Long Yang Rd. Station and transfer to Metro Line 2# bound for XinZhuang, get off at He Nan Zhong Rd. Station.
Jiujiang Rd. is within 10 minutes walk.

by ellyse

That's wrong information above. Metro line 1 (of no use in this case) goes to Xinzhuang. Line 2 is the one that this traveller needs to take. Henan Zhonglu metro stop on line 2 has been renamed to Nanjing Donglu metro stop.
Take the Maglev from Pudong airport till its only other terminus at Longyang Lu metro stop (line 2). Then take the metro and get off at Nanjing Donglu metro stop, fare should be 4 RMB.
Take exit no.4 from Nanjing Donglu metro stop and you should come out on the street facing Jiujiang Lu. Walk AGAINST the traffic flow (ie to your right, as traffic should be going towards your left) for about 5 mins and you'll need to cross the road as well. Central Hotel is on a junction and should be quite easy to find.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Value of life

by Sharrie

Look closely... I took this photo not because of the significance of the building but if you look closely you can see a man on the outside of the building performing some construction works but without any protection (from falling off). Just makes me wonder if life is so worthless to people in the most populated country of the world.

Taxi

by wathy

There are 3 wellknown and trusted taxi in Shanghai, there are
1. ´óÖÚ Da Zhong (green colour)
2. Ç¿Éú Qiang Sheng (yellow colour)
3. Jin Jiang (blue colour)

Taxi in Shanghai is cheap. You can go to everywhere easily. But have to warn you, it will very hard to grab a taxi on friday after work time. Nobody queing for a taxi, and even you manage to grab the taxi, the driver have right to refuse you due the short distance or a bad traffic destination. I ended up have to walk from Yu Yuan to Xin Tian Di (more than 2 km, maybe?)
I will suggest you if you are going to explore shanghai city on friday, you better charter a taxi.

This is another winner!!!!

by rabbit06 about Da Fu Hao Restaurant

At the Da Fu Hao Restaurant or "Monopoly" we had a large private room upstairs with two tables to accommodate everyone. This restauraunt would be another one of the best Shanghai is to offer for the more traditional cuisine and atmosphere that makes being in Shanghai so very very special! Well this is a little difficult as just after tucking into a few of the very deliciously tasty pork, crab and duck dish's which were supberb! the " BINGE " drinking (and NZ Steinlager! ) commenced, one by one all of the Auntey's (7) lined me up, followed by all the Uncle's and not to let the New Zealand side down lost count of just how many uncle's Shirley has? Mama is one off ten......OMG!!!!!

Longhua Temple

by Nemoa

First built in 242 AD, during the period of the Three Kingdoms, it is the oldest temple in Shanghai for its long history of over 1700 years. Most of the buildings in the Temple were reconstructed during the reign of the Emperor Tongzhi and Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty.

It also is the largest temple in Shanghai. "It occupies an area of over 20,000 square meters and the architectural proportion is about 5,000 square meters .Along the 194 meters long axis are the Maitreya Hall ,Devajara Hall , Mahavira Hall ,Three Sages Hall , Abbot's Hall and the Sutras Keeping Hall (Cangjinglou) which keeps the three treasures of the temple including the Dazang sutras, the gold seals and the Buddhist statues. Accessory halls on the two sides are the Bell Tower and the Drum Tower, with the same hexagonal windows and curved eaves.

Pretty impresive, isn't it?

I don't know a lot about Chinese architecture or religion but the complex of Longhua is one of the most interesting sights of my travel in Shanghai, not for the architecture itself but a lot more for the good demonstration of the Chinese culture that the temple is.

We came here with the idea of seeing another temple and we found ourselves a crowd and something that tried to be a queue but it was more like a mob triying to buy the tickets for the temple. I waited a bit but to be honest after havinga lot of people pushing me, and mobbing me I decided to jump all queues and just cross the gate to the temple. NO ONE at all noticed me going in there without a ticket because there was so much people there ! God, nothing I can say can give you an idea of it.

I had to move constantly as people kept steping on my shoes, pushing me, bowing with these sticks of incense and dropping all the ashes in my hair. Gosh!! Really dangerous, I can tell you. In the end I got fed up and I scaped that place but the impression of the atmosphere still remains with me today.

I hope my pic gives you an idea of the whole thing!

Chinese New Year in Shanghai

by socrates_07

My third trip to China leads me to Shanghai. One of my dreams was to be in my favorite country during the most important days for Chinese. At Chinese New Year.
After few days in the a very cold Beijing Wendy and I went to Shanghai. Unfortunately we had only four days time for this trip. But luckily we met another VT member, Gilly, which I met in Vienna at our New Year (in 2001).
Like my previous trips to China this one was perfect as well.

But follow me now to my way across Shanghai....

Comments