Days Hotel Honglou Shanghai

Booking.com Agoda.com eDreams

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

Stay in touch!Stay in touch!

busbus

route maproute map

Information board at Shanghai South StationInformation board at Shanghai South Station

Train Tickets to Hangzhou, Suzhou

by sunset_gal

I'd like to know if it's necessary to buy train tickets in advance. Will they be sold out on the day itself (on a weekend)? Should we be expecting long queues?

Are the ticket booths hard to find in the station?

RE: Train Tickets to Hangzhou, Suzhou

by neverstoptravel

from shanghai? usually not. lots of trains for hangzhou and suzhou from shanghai railway station. there's a ticket hall in the east of the station.

RE: RE: Train Tickets to Hangzhou, Suzhou

by maria_hz

Yep, and I usually buy tickets from the soft seat ticket office, as it seems to me they have their own quota of tickets available compared to the big ticket office with both soft and hard seat tickets. If no soft seat tickets are available, they also sell hard seat tickets.

As I travelled to Shanghai mainly for business I had meetings to get to, so I usually bought tickets a day or so in advance, but if you are flexible about arrival and departure times and there are no major holidays (like chinese spring festival, may or oct holidays), you should be fine buying tickets the same day.

At the Shanghai main railway station the soft seat ticket office is located to the east of the main ticket office and main waiting halls (for hard seat ticket holders). If you start at middle of the railway square, go east past the these two and also past the south-east exit, then you will see it a bit farther away (some tens of metres) on your right hand side. It is a bit hard to spot, and you will pass some small shops too, but look for it it is there :)

RE: Train Tickets to Hangzhou, Suzhou

by ellyse

I always buy my train tickets ahead of time as I hate waiting in long queues at the train station and rushing to make the train, wondering if I'll get a seat on the train I want, etc etc etc. Tickets on weekends are very popular! Ticket booths aren't hard to find at the station... at least not for me.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

The yellow tiled sidewalk path...

by Yubert

The yellow tiled sidewalk path sure looks colorful but it also has a practical function. It's supposed to be used by the blind or sight-impaired. They can 'feel' there way along the raised bumps.

I don't think I ever saw any blind people using the yellow path but I was told that's what is was intended for.

Pudong Int'l Airport

by stmlnyc

Airport construction fee is 50 RMB
for domestic flights and 90 RMB for int'l (which includes HK and Macau).

Take the shuttle bus to Pudong Int`l at 30 RMB from most city center hotels. And if the taxi ride to/from city center is more than 150
RMB, you're probably being scammed. See the tourist trap page.

Foggy days and high buildings don't mix

by SPW

After looking across the Huangpu River to Pudong we crossed via the exciting Bund Sightseeing Tunnel (people mover and light show) to the Pudong side for the Oriental Pearl Tower ascent. Because of the fog/pollution we had a hazy view, but the window cleaners, on the outside of the middle "ball" more than made up for the limited view!
On the ground floor was the excellent Shanghai History Museum (not to be confused with the Shanghai Museum) which traces the history of Shanghai with recreations of traditional street and other scenes supplemented by audio-visual effects bringing them to life.

The famous shopping street

by snuggie

The famous Nanjing Lu shopping street is about 6km long,you will see crowds especially in the night when the streets are all lighted up.There are more than 600 stores and shopping centers along the road. You may spend the whole day shopping,a great place to enjoy.

Shanghai is waiting for U...:)

by Jiang_Cucha

A boat excursion on the Huangpu River when curtain of night comes ...What is Shanghai?That's Shanghai!

Hello, welcome to stop on my Shanghai Page. As a Shanghainess, though I didn't spent my childhood and schoolhood in Shanghai, I still love this city from the bottom of my heart. I can feel that I am growing up together with her, my devoted hometown.

Wanna find out a good place to enjoy food in Shanghai? Please follow me:)

Comments