Days Hotel Shanghai

Heritage TempleHeritage Temple

StewedRabbitStewedRabbit

Bamboo Garden Tea House, ShanghaiBamboo Garden Tea House, Shanghai

Oriental Pearl TV TowerOriental Pearl TV Tower

clarification on my budget trip posting

by mayt

I mean when I said in my earlier posting good hotel, I mean reasonable enough already. Has toiletries, slippers, bathtub, aircon, free internet access, clean. Also, the rate that I made in my earlier posting is based on 2-3 persons occupancy per room.

Re: clarification on my budget trip posting

by neverstoptravel

Motel168 does have the name'motel',but it is different from the one in western countries. I've stayed in Motel168,Jingjiang Inn before, both have aircon, shower, tv, intenet access. Room is not big but very clean.

Re: clarification on my budget trip posting

by traveller711

try these:

Travel Tips for Shanghai

A WALK DOWN NANJING ROAD

by BerniShand

We love touring, but sometimes its good to escape from everyone else and wander by ourselves, so we left everyone else at the Shanshai museum and strolled down the Nanjing road.
If you dont want to walk there is a little red train which ferries people up and down the road. As we were walking along a man stopped me, as I dont speak Chinese and he didnt speak English it took a moment to work out what he wanted to tell me, but I was grateful to him for letting me know that a few small denomination notes were in danger of falling out of my pocket....

The Secret DVD Store

by gaolei about Ka De Club

Update! The old store is closed and they have moved to two new locations.

This club says it is an internet club in Chinese on its sign, but look inside and you will see only one computer and a few tables. Go to the back right of the shop, through the door into a hallway and enter the first door on the right. Here you will find the best collection of pirate DVDs and CDs in Shanghai. You will also find the room full of westerners who also know the secret!

News Flash! They also have a second store at Dagu Road. This is near the Four Seasons Hotel and off Shi Men Road and between Wei Hai and Yanan Roads. DVDs and Cds 10 to 40 RMB, but the quality of the DVDs is better than street quality

Dinner in the Sky...

by THLIN about On 56

There are few things that Taiwanese are really crazy about... Buffer is one of them, well, this is very important to us indeed.
I like the location of this restaurant, located in the 56th floor of the tower, if you book you table early enough, you are lucky to get a window seat like I did. Viewing out from my seat was a wonderful experience, the Oriental Pearl TV Tower and a lot of newly built skyscrapers.
The restaurant is like a palace in the sky, the ceiling is high and magnificent, with the dim light, you surely enjoy the place a lot. As the Chinese, I find it really nice to dine at place not-so-quite place, it is not boisterous as traditional Chinese place, but it is not like those Western place so quite that you do not dare to drop your cutlery. The food there is not really nice from my viewpoint, I think you pay more to their environment in stead of the food itself. Yet, there are still few things that really made me happy, one is their ice cream, I think they make their own ice cream; another is their chestnut cake. I admit that I have a sweet tooth, but their chestnut cake is so nice that I had two pieces. Their sweet soup is also on my recommendation list.

PuDong New Territory

by szabolcs

PuDong New Territory
Could you believe that this metropolis appeared practically out of nowhere in less than 10 years??? The entire place was nothing but old warehouses and rice fields until a few years ago. Now it boasts higher skyscrapers than the ones in NYC.</font.

Shanghai Trip

by rochellevm

"Shanghai in a day"

Shanghai is a very large, modern, and vibrant city. Thus, it is the opposite of Beijing, which more delves into Chinese history and is more tranquil. It is dubbed is the "Paris of the East" due to its vibrancy, the lights at night, etc. When in Shanghai, you also shouldn't miss the Orient Pearl TV Tower, which is the landmark of Shanghai.

Shanghai is also a shopping haven. Local and international brands are widely available (not to mention, the immitations).

Comments