FX Hotel (Shanghai Xujiahui)

No.2701 Xietu Road, Xujiahui District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200030, China
FuramaXpress Hotel (Xujiahui Shanghai Stadium)
Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Shanghai

KoiKoi

moremore

1907 Signal Tower, The Bund, Shanghai1907 Signal Tower, The Bund, Shanghai

Books, comfy chairs, good vibe= great cafeBooks, comfy chairs, good vibe= great cafe

stay in shanghai

by danny28

hi everyone il be coming to china next week this is my first visit to china and il be coming to shanghai so i was wondering if u guys can help me plan my tour il be in china for 8 to 10 days any help
Danny

by ellyse

What are your sightseeing interests and preferences?
Have you tried reading up guidebooks and online yet?

by danny28

well basically i am coming on a business tour but il have preety much extra time so il be interested in shoping clubing and mosty every kind of tourist fun plus do tell me what would be the best hotel to stay at i mean a 3 or 4 star hotel near the shoping places

by ellyse

First off, I would appreciate if you could make the effort to put in proper punctuation as it makes it easier to read. We're not using telegraphs anymore.
Please also make the effort to read up a little on guidebooks and online. This site has tips from travellers who've been to every part of the world. I'm sorry but if you're too lazy to do your own homework, why should anyone else spend time to oblige you?
Popular nightlife areas in Shanghai: Tongren Lu, Maoming Lu, Hengshan Lu, Fuxing Park, Xintiandi, Julu Lu. All these are in the French Concession.
For accommodation, please be more specific about your price range.

by danny28

Thanks alot for the Reply. About bieng lazy well my dear I did read most of the comments by travelers but the reason to put the question here was just so I could get an openion by a local shanghai resident.Anyways thanks For the help:)

by ellyse

It would've been better for you to be more specific rather than so open-ended. Otherwise you're not going to get any more specific information other than what you've already read, because no one is going to know what exactly to reply to you!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

The bathroom!

by rabbit06

Shanghai is very modern in many ways and the bathrooms are no exception! But.....omg............ Squat toilets are every where including some of the larger shopping malls, so the only great tip for all is to roll off your required amount of paper before doing the bis, because most of them have the paper on entry so before you lock the door behind you, make sure your ready.........lmao!!!!!!!

Say Yalla! to Belly Dancer

by 123Sophie about 1000+1 Nights (Alf Al Layl)

The place is actually Middle Eastern restaurant with live belly dance every night starting after 8 pm. The performance will not satisfy anyone who knows or who have seen the real stuff but is good enough for your first encounter with belly dance. You can enjoy great Middle Eastern interior and food. I would not recommend coctails (expensive and not tasty). No Jeans probably.

Best Pizza in the World

by lindyz about Da Papa Mario's Pizzeria

When we were on Da gu Road shopping for dvd's we came across two of the best finds in Shanghai. No. 1 was a Dragonfly Health Retreat, same as the one we had used many times in Beijing. No. 2 was Papa Mario's Pizzeria. I can honestly say that it is the best Pizza I have ever tasted - it was cooked to perfection. And Papa Mario was rather chuffed that we liked his pizza so much, he then insisted on a photo shoot!

Tracy and I shared the bill which came to just under 100rmb including drinks = about $8AUD each. We ate a large ham and mushroom pizza called "Proscuito de funghi" and it was just perfect, with a crisp base and just the right amount of toppings. Well done - Papa Mario!

Levels of Shanghai Museum.

by Guantanamera

Demonstrated in this photo, the multiple levels of Shanghai Museum, each with a small hanging garden at the corner... The levels are subdivided into four large galleries each, including (but not limited to) the ancient Chinese bronze gallery, Chinese sculpture gallery, Chinese jade gallery, and the Chinese calligraphy gallery...

Shanghai, fast, furious and frenetic!!

by dianauni

I could tell from the atmosphere that this is a happening place but it was not for me! My daughter loves it - it is after all a place for young people who are going places. It was very hot and humid so I felt tired before we had started!

We strolled along the Bund admiring all the old buildings, banks etc, stared over the water at Pudong which was shrouded in mist and marvelled at all the skyscrapers! It was my first visit but my daughter had been there several times working so it was not new to her.

Our hotel had a modern lobby but rather old fashioned bedrooms but everything was clean. The beds were rock hard. I folded up a duvet and lay on that but did not sleep well. My daughter seems to have acclimatised to hard beds and did not notice - it must be my old bones!

Breakfast was Chinese so we passed on that and ate out. Tried the hotel cafe for a snack - ended up having a plate of chips and a coffee as I had been dying for something western. I love Chinese food but it can pall after a while!

We had a wonderful afternoon sightseeing and shopping - saw a sign for a Senile Disco but felt too exhausted even for that!! We found a very upmarket tea room and treated ourselves to gorgeous sandwiches, cakes and coffee, We could have been at the Ritz in London!!

On our first evening we met a young Chinese girl Emily, with whom I had been corresponding via the internet and we took her to dinner at a new Italian restaurant which had opened near our hotel. That was lovely and she was very good company.

The following day we met a VT friend of Victoria's Christine and she took us to a famous tea house where we had very expensive tea - how can it be so expensive when it is grown in China? They also served various sweetmeats and fruits free of charge (I should think so too!)

Later on we went TGIF - I had never been in one before! and had a lovely dinner. So we had no Chinese food in Shanghai and none in Suzhou either! Just vegetables in Tongli! But all that changed when we returned to Beijing!

Comments