Grand Mercure Hongqiao Shanghai

Grand Mercure Shanghai Hongqiao
Hotels.com Travelocity Grand Mercure

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Good value for money

I stayed at an executive room in Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel and really enjoyed it because the staff really made me feels welcome. The bed they provided was huge, so I think it was pretty good value for money. There was also free wifi in the room, which I was able to use so I get in touch with my friends who were also in China that time. In the morning, I found out the breakfast selection is huge. I ate to my heart’s content because the food was actually really delicious, aside from plentiful. I cannot stress enough how the hotel staff gave friendly service, which added all the more to the allure of the hotel. I also preferred the location, which was far from the city proper. This made the surroundings quieter than the usual areas around hotels. It wasn’t difficult to hail a cab because there were quite a number in the area, even if it’s not the main city. I definitely recommend Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel to those who want a little peace and quiet while on vacation.

• Great for business travelers

I stayed at Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel in Shanghai for a business trip with a large group of associates. It is ten minutes away from the Hongqiao Airport, which made it relatively easy for us to settle down at once. For only RMB 544.00 a night, I got a nice spacious accommodation, complete with all the amenities. A surprising touch is the WiFi access in my room, which I really needed to communicate with my business associates.

Our group held a meeting at one of the hotel’s function rooms. It did not disappoint us with its well-appointed furniture and convivial atmosphere. The hotel staff was very courteous and attentive to our needs too as we ordered brunch from the hotel’s own deli, to be served during our meeting. They offered freshly-made croissants and delicious coffee to go with it. The food was then brought to our function room, which made everything easy for us. All in all, the ambiance and exemplary service contributed to our meeting’s success.

The location of Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel added to its charm. Since it’s not in the heart of Shanghai, we avoided the traffic common in Shanghai’s small streets. This reduced the amount of stress we had to deal with during this business trip.

• Affordability and quality

My friend and I stayed at the Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel in Shanghai for a night, and it was amazing. I only paid RMB 605.00 for a twin room for me and a friend and it’s rated as 5-star so that was a good start.

When we arrived, there was plenty of staff ready to help us out of the cab and bring our luggage to our room. The hotel reception area is beautiful with a lovely bar called Stir and Shake, as well as a seating area. The hotel staff spoke good English and was very friendly. Our room isn’t the biggest, but it was very well-laid out. It was furnished with a flat screen television, a mini bar, a microwave oven and even a washing machine, which is very unusual for a hotel. I also loved that our room had WiFi access, which meant I can surf the web anytime using my laptop without having to go down to the lobby or the business center. During dinner time, my friend and I gave one of the hotel’s restaurants a try. We dined at Asiatique, located at the second floor of the hotel, which had a sky view atrium. We ordered an Asian feast and enjoyed everything very much, especially with the restaurant’s laid-back atmosphere.

I also like the hotel’s location because it’s so accessible and tourist-friendly. It sits at the center of the Hongqiao district, which makes it close to many bars, cafes, shopping and entertainment centers. It is also easily just 10-15 minutes away from Hongqiao Airport. I would highly recommend the Grand Mercure Hongqiao Hotel in Shanghai to anyone who wants a luxurious accommodation but doesn’t want to break the bank.

Comments