Hanting Express (Shanghai Hongqiao)

No.181 Chengjiaqiao Road, Changning District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201103, China
Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

That's how it is done......!!That's how it is done......!!

the cigarettesthe cigarettes

The Jin Mao TowerThe Jin Mao Tower

Xin Tian Di ParkXin Tian Di Park

Best Place to Hula Hoop in Shanghai

by HooptheWorld

I have hula hooped in Paris and Greece and,so,I wonder if anyone knows of a good park or street corner to hula hoop? I do it for fun and enjoy sharing my hula hoop with others; but, I do not know of the best places in Shanghai. Thanks for your advice.

by MikeySoft

You can try People's Park or on the Bund.

Hula Hooping at Hooters in Shanghai

by Confucius

The best place to hula hoop in Shanghai is Hooters.

by ellyse

Hehe, I haven't played with hula hoops in a long time, the last time must be on the 1st day of Chinese New Year last year! :P
I think going in the early morning to parks eg Hongkou Park or People's Park would be interesting though. :)

by Lance_in_shanghai

I don't get it. Are you an acrobatic hula hooper? Do people toss coins as you
hula? Does your hoop have a special case for traveling like those hotshot billiard cues? Since hula is a dance, I say "a person hulas" instead of "a person hoops". Besides, isn't hooping what you do in Hooters if the barmaid... oh, never mind.

I suggest Chang Feng Park since it is out of the tourist trap areas such as the Bund and People's Park. You will have more chance to interact with local Chinese people. But, I hate to break this to you. There are a lot of merchants selling hula hoops in the park.

by ellyse

Why the need to "insinuate" that OP is a beggar?

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Dressing the part

by kphstar

The fashion for Shanghainese is, I guest, very person. Depending on how well in touch you are with the rest of the world, your fashion will either be spot on or simply way out there. Fortunately for me I saw more of the latter.
When did satin boxer take the place of everyday shorts? I would think the shininess and the single button entry hole is a sure sign that one should not be wearing it outside the bedroom.
Sure I've seen snake skin leather pants, but a top to toe printed ensemble with matching handbag is too much.
Hotpants are so in in Shanghai that it should be made illegal. At least until the rest of the world catches up. I haven't seen so many high hem since the Marching Boys at the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mari Gra.

Shanghai Taxi

by Annette98

The taxis in Shanghai are very convenient and not very expensive. Just be sure that after you get in the driver starts the meter and you hear the welcome message. Other than that, I would highly recommend having your destination written down in Chinese characters. You may think you are going somewhere very common, but there is always a chance that you will not be able to get the message across. Better to plan ahead than waste your time trying to communicate.

Best shark fin soup!

by rabbit06 about Xin Hua Cheng or New Flower City

A chain of restaurants with well trained Hong Kong chefs, which is quite formal with it's white table cloths, silver service and very attentive staff. Not only specialising in hairy crab dishes (Shirley's favourite!) but once you have tasted their shark fin soup you will be ruined for life. This would be the best soup we have ever had, you can taste the difference straight away with the thirty six chickens that are used for the stock in the main pot for our table only, where the waitress would carefully fill each bowl evenly with enough portion of stock and sharks fin. Simply delicious and as there were only seven of us, there was enough for rabbit to have two bowls....lucky! The privilage does not come cheap, but well worth it and you will never get better!!!

ZHOU JO : An Ancient villiage...

by Bejita

ZHOU JO : An Ancient villiage with an hour travelling by car
The whole village kept with ancient Chinese architecture but the govt. already turned it into a tourist point. But I still found that much fun to go there, many delicious food and traditional handcrafts.
Especially to feel like in Venice with the small river between each compartments and beautiful Chinese style bridges link together.

Welcome to Shanghai

by Ash59

Shanghai was the first place that we visited on our trip to China and what an experience that was!

We didn't know it when we booked the trip but we had chosen the week when everyone on the area was given a national holiday, not for a day, but for a whole week! Consequently, the whole of the Bund area, where we stayed, was thronged by Chinese from the areas surrounding Shanghai.

It was quite an experience being ogled by Chinese who had rarely seen foreigners in their land, never mind one who towered over them by a good 30cm (12") (I am approx 1.9mtr tall - 6'3").

Comments