Hanting Express (Shanghai Xinjinqiao)

T17-6, No.230 Xinjinqiao Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201206, China
Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

this is it!this is it!

Shirley bringing more delicious food!Shirley bringing more delicious food!

Oriental Pearl TV TowerOriental Pearl TV Tower

DowntownDowntown

two weeks alone in shanghai

by tourist1976

hi everyone, i'm going to be in shanghai for about two weeks for business starting from april 18th, but i'm coming alone. i'm a 33 years old guy.
it would be great to find someone or more to team up with.
As i will be pretty busy during the days, but free in the evenings, there is not too much time to spend on trial and error...

what kind of business r u gonna start?

by carey19811123

in details?
thanks

by gaolei

There is a website called Shanghai expat, http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/. They have meetings at Malones on Wednesdays, and post fun things to do for their members in the rich Shanghai nightlife scene. This is a good place to start and a good way to meet others in your situation. If you need more information, email me here.

by xymmot

I am going to be there in the first week in May for the Shanghai expo, but I do not have my itneary complete. I will keep you in mind and e-mail you when my plans are complete. Thomas

by tourist1976

thanks a lot for the suggestions. just to make it clear, i am not going to start up a new business but rather my company is sending me to do some work in Shanghai. i'm visiting our Shanghai office, but i don't know anyone there yet and i'm not sure as to how much they're going to take care of my entertainment after working hours. in any case- i think its more fun to spend the night time alone than with co-workers that i don't know...but we'll see how it goes once i get there.
Does anyone know how is the chineses businedd hospitality?

by gaolei

Chinese are very hospitable. They will give you anything you want. If they think you need it, you will get it. It is not like the US or Europe, where you arrive by a rental car you rented and athe end of the day they say bye and it is up to you to get food and back to a hotel. They will make sure you are taken care of.

I agree that it is better to be on your own at night. I like the fact that everyone is helpful, but enough is enough. I want to have a beer and not with my co-workers. I had enough of them all day.

Which part of Shanghai are you going to, Pudong, the east, or Puxi, the west? Email me if you need suggestions or look at my Shanghai page.

by ellyse

I love eating, know lots of places to eat good food, and might be free to meet up sometime for a chat/tea/meal. And no, I'm not a scammer, I meet lots of travellers who visit Shanghai! :P If you'd like to meet up, email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username in the subject line.
Check out my VirtualTourist Shanghai Restaurants travel page as well: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/5be/2/
You could also look on Craigslist Shanghai if there's anyone else in your situation, or post your own ad there.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Handicraft Wire Sign Making Stall

by imstress

This uncle makes very beautiful sign using wire. His workmanship is very skillful. He has a portfolio to show you. He has lots of newspaper cutting. Do make a sign and take some time to appreciate what he is doing for his passion of the arts.

Give the name in Chinses character and he will take only a few minutes to do up a beautiful sign for u. Per word cost RMB6. So a normal chinese character name will cost you RMB18. It is a very beautiful and personalised souvenier for friends.

Great Little Shanhainese Restaurant

by tigerjapan about Yang's Kitchen

Traditional Shanghainese food without the usual hot and noisy atmosphere draws customers down the narrow laneway to the restored villa that's now home to Yang's Kitchen. The 19-page menu includes familiar dishes like mandarin fish, the obligatory xiaolongbao, as well as 22 soups. Seemed to be popular with locals and foreigners alike, though I was the only foreigner there when I ate there.
The food is good, fresh and tasty, but nothing to shout about. Everything I ate was good. Basic home-style Chinese fare.

Here is a helpful website for restaurants in Shanghai:

Wish I had made it to 1221, but travelling alone I find myself less likely to dine out

One of China's most famous museums

by trisanna

From this museum you can learn about China's past from wondeful bronzes, ceramics, jade, Ming and Qing furniture. My favorite was the section on China's ethnic minorities or hilltribes on the fourth floor. Amazing clothes!

Meteorological Signal Tower

by Willettsworld

This rather unusual structure opposite the Shanghai Club on The Bund is the Meteorological Signal Tower. The 49m-tall tower was originally built in 1908 opposite the French Consulate but was moved here in 1993. There's a small collections of black and white photos of The Bund buildings plus a replica 1855 map.

Admission: Free.