Hanting Hotel (Shanghai Songjiang Fangta)

No.18 Zhongshan East Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201600, China
Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

and more crab!and more crab!

The end result =)The end result =)

Take a break from the busy Yu Yuan BazaarTake a break from the busy Yu Yuan Bazaar

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Shopping in Shanghai

by hirdy

Can anyone tell me where we can shop for ladies fashions that have normal sizes of 14 - 16 most shopping we have done in China my wife has found it difficult to get clothing that fits. We are also looking for childrens wear as well. Thank you

by lindyz

Mmmmm ... well thats a hard one, cos unfortunately your wife will be classed as an XXL!!! I am a size 12-14 and got sick of the amount of times they would say to me "we do not have anything big enough to fit you!!!"

I can only tell you where we shopped. The best/cheapest place we found was Xinyang Markets which are across the river, only a quick 4-stop subway ride from Nanjing East Station. There were lots of market vendors here with lots of different clothes and good prices. Take Subway Line 2 and get off at Shanghai & Technology Museuem stop and the markets are on the underground level.

Also, in Nanjing Road itself there are heaps of Department Stores and smaller clothes shops, but these are not exactly cheap market prices, but the size range will be here. Whatever you do, make sure you try the clothes on, as they will quickly tell you that yes it will fit, it is the right size just to get the sale. Although, when I say to try clothes on, that may sometimes be difficult because of lack of changing rooms!!! Good luck.

by chinamonty

If you are staying at a hotel ask the concierge. If they don't know ask them if they will ask a few Chinese ladies the same size as you and find out from them. That is what we did in Zhuhai.

by hirdy

Thank you Lindyz you have been a great help

Thanks Chinamonty.

by lindyz

You are more than welcome - so tell me, where is Clifton Springs???

In Victoria, Australia

Sorry Lindyz,

I just checked your profile and found you are Aussie, Clifton Springs is just South of Geelong on Corio Bay just the town before Portarlington. Cheers Phil

by lindyz

Yeh Phil, I sent you a message saying Im a Victorian girl, born and bred in Horsham, have you ever been there??

Have a good day :)

by chinamonty

All us Victorians - I lived in Queenscliff which is not far from Clifton Springs where I used to play golf occasionally my nephews are from Geelong (one now lives in Hong Kong and the other in Shenzhen)and as Lindy already knows I lived in Horsham for 5 years as well.

by lindyz

This vast world that we live in is really just a very small place :)

Hi Lindyz and Chinamonty

Such a small world we live in, thanks for all of your tips, hopefully we will have a good time when we get the Shenzhen.

by ellyse

Alternatively you might want to try Decathlon if you don't mind sportswear.
There's a Marks & Spencers on Nanjing Xilu (not the pedestrian street), but I don't know if they stock clothing, I haven't been there yet.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Be a smart consumer

by lilysuzlini about Yuyuan Baazar

You can get almost everything made in China. From table cloth, silk clothes and scarf, fake handbags and watches. Make sure you bargain as low as 70% from its price cause I am sure you are going to get what you want. If not just fake it as if your are not keen and intended to leave, I am sure they will call you and ask how much you want it for. That is the tricks. Look for jade, silk, saltwater pearls and sovenirs. 30% from opening price.

incredible

by jpizquierdo about millioners fair

In this place you will feel whats a millionair feels everiday, may be to much, service...perfect, everithing is the top of the line, christal chandeliers, from top to bottom, porcelain dishes from France limoges, glaces from Baccarat France, and cuttlery silver from christofle. I was impress. you have many acuariums with see food and fishs, you choose them and they┬┤ll coock for you.
the place is very elegant then you have to be well dress. We try the lobster, hudge, i think is the best one y ever had.

The Bund (Wai-tan)

by aukahkay

The Bund (Zhongshan Lu) is the symbol of Shanghai. Majestic buildings in baroque, renaissance, and classical styles line the Bund, consistent with the socio-economic fabric of the Shanghai society in the 1930s. Located on the west bank of a bend in the Huangpu River, the Bund became the site of some of the earliest foreign settlements after Shanghai was opened as one of five "Treaty Ports" in the Treaty of Nanjing that ended the Opium War in 1842.
Walking along the Bund esplanade can be quite challenging - there are just so many locals and tourists, trying to jostle for the best photographic vantage point. I decided to take a cruise down the Huangpu River on a sightseeing boat. The 4-level boat is actually a floating restaurant with an upper observation deck where a mobile band blares out loud Chinese popular music. As the boat sails pass the Bund, the full glory of the illuminated Bund comes into sight.

Shanghai's 1st VT Meeting

by Sharrie

She is charming, approachable & very friendly. It has been very fun meeting up with Jenny in Shanghai. She is a great host & took me to one of the local Shanghainese restaurant. The food? Yummy! Thanks to Jenny for an excellent evening! Hope to return again to this vibrant city soon!

Comments