3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

The Great Shrine HallThe Great Shrine Hall

Bus stop in ShanghaiBus stop in Shanghai

Flight between Shanghai to Bangkok

by wil4

Can any one be please be so kind to let me know if there are international flights between Shanghai to Bangkok and any adress of travelagents in Shanghai
Thanks

by nomad7890

It is against Virtual Tourist guidelines to offer direct services as the ones done by the previous poster - he will soon be deleted.

Have you tried any of the Chinese airlines - I booked in the Air China site - assuming you're in the US - (this is their US site)

by jrs1234

Hi -

it looks like there are 2 flights a day on Thai airways at present - this is according to the schedule available at:

Cathay Pacific can also get you there via Hong Kong - up to 4 departures a day; I found the schedules at:

Regards,

Jeremy

by rocklady8

Look into using the local airlines. We used AirAsia while we were in Bangkok (we used it to fly to Chiang Mai) and Vietnam (we had to backtrack to Bangkok to catch a flight to Hanoi, but I think Thai Air does too). Don't know if they fly from Shanghai, but try some searches -keywords: airlines in asia....AirAsia is a budget spin off from Thai Air. We paid 1/3 the asking fare of Thai Air by using AirAsia. Read the fine print though. Restrictions and disclaimers - we took them into consideration and went ahead and booked anyway. We did our bookings from the states. No problems and great savings!

by nomad7890

Thanks!

by nizora

Try this :

by polartraveller

I believe Singapore Airline still has some five flights to and from Shanghai daily, very easy transfer from Singapore to Bangkok.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Take your time to stroll along Nanjing Road

by travelingcebuano

The city is so huge, if one has just a few days, the best thing to do is... to go back for more! I liked that we stayed along Nanjing Road. That way, we got to stroll along this long avenue filled with so many interesting things to see. The food, I must say. I loved the steamed dumplings, Xiao Lung Bao.

Yu Yuan Gardens & Bazaar Shops

by rabbit06

Plenty of small shop's with lots of great souvenirs and gifts. You can bargain but in this area you will end up paying westener prices as it is for the tourist's..........!!
( sorry lindyz! ) The best for me is the " China Dolls "

Fine Dining in Shanghai

by rosie_b about M on the Bund

The restaurant is located in the area of Shanghai called the Bund, which is next to the river, facing the great Pearl Tower. The restaurant's interior is warm and light, surrounded by big windows, overlooking the river and the Tower. Since I went there in the wintertime, the outdoor dining area was closed, but I'm sure in the summertime is filled with people who want to experience a fine dining this restaurant. I thought the food was good, but needs some more salt on the items, especially the bread. I suggest that you go there for lunch, because you can actually see the Shanghai's landscape from the restaurant. The service was good and the waitstaff seemed to be helpful. I can't really remember, but we had a three-course pre fix that includes appetizer, entree and dessert.

The Bund Sightseeing Tunnel

by Arjaree

The Bund Sightseeing Tunnel connects the East Nanjin Rd. Bund and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. It has a total length of 646.7 meter and is China’s first cross-river artificial sightseeing tunnel. Modern high technologies are applied in the decoration of the interior walls of the tunnel, providing the passengers with background music as well as pictures.

The Modern City

by Aidy_p

"10-days in China"

Prior to visiting China in 2006, I've been to Guangzhou and Shenzhen in the 90s, and to Shenzhen and Hong Kong in 2000. This visit was not only to experience the progress of China, but also to visit my brother-in-law - who has been working in Shanghai for the past four years - my sister and her three lovely kids.

I actually dread to create the pages of Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wu Xi, Su Zhou and Nanjing as it was on the last day in China that I lost all my digital images. The inside of me nearly died. But by the Grace of God, I still had my SLR.

Learnt two things from this experience:-

1. The memories of each country that you visit lies in your heart and mind that no photos can ever capture.

2. Bring along more than one camera in case of theft, spoilt cameras, the works.

Comments