Home Inn (Shanghai Ouyang)

No.69 Jixiang Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200081, China
Agoda.com Ctrip.com Otel.com

More about Shanghai

And some shopping!!And some shopping!!

soup w/ bean curdsoup w/ bean curd

this is the hotel from the topthis is the hotel from the top

Food that we orderedFood that we ordered

PLACE TO GO IN SHANGHAI BY NIGHT AND DAY TIME

by emrah_arslan

G'day, I am a turkish guy who will be in shanghai by tuesday and i will stay there untill saturday. I will be in a bit rush and i do not have much time.

Please help me to find places that i should see and/or go.

I will be need :

a) Nice place to eat ( I love to have some soft music and good food )
b) Nice place to be ( Museums, gardens or any brillant non touristic place )
c) Nice place to drink ( Not a striptease bar or that kind of places please )
d) Is there any place to dance ( Tango, salsa, etc. )

Friendly,
Emrah ARSLAN

RE: PLACE TO GO IN SHANGHAI BY NIGHT AND DAY TIME

by ellyse

a) What's your budget like and what cuisine are you looking for? Do you have any dietary restrictions?
b) Museums: Shanghai Museum, Shanghai Municipal History Museum (in base of Oriental Pearl TV Tower), Propaganda Posters Art Centre, Museum of Contemporary Art etc
c) Cloud 9 bar in Grand Hyatt (87th floor of Jinmao Tower in Pudong), Face Bar (Ruijin Guesthouse, in French Concession), TMSK (Xintiandi)

PLACE TO GO IN SHANGHAI BY NIGHT AND DAY TIME

by emrah_arslan

a) I do not have any dietary restrictions. I belive that if i am at rome i eat like romans.

RE: PLACE TO GO IN SHANGHAI BY NIGHT AND DAY TIME

by ellyse

You said you're Turkish, so I'd to ask if you needed to find food that's halal.
What's your budget like? It's hard to recommend as there're tons of places that fit your criteria in Shanghai... too many places to eat at!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Packing List

by zizquark

The next time I go to Shanghai ( which I will definitely look forward to ) I will pack very few clothes and buy clothes when I get there. Clothing can be had very inexpensively. Here was a store that had pants for 25 Yuan ( $3US) dress jacket 150 Yuan ($18US) and belts and ties for 10Yuan ($1.20US) There are nicer clothing stores and more expensive prices but you can outfit yourself very nicely and have some nice souveniirs as well as easy packing.I bought 3 very comfortable shirts here and 2 nice belts with a very interesting buckle sytem .

Shanghai Map

by enzhu

Here are some very nice Shanghai maps in English:

I loved it !!!!

by jlanza29

The Yu gardens as it's known is a great place to spend a couple of hours looking around and enjoying yourself with the shops and people trying to sell you things. Remeber cut the price by at least 80% when trying to buy something. Everyone speaks English so don't worry about the language barrier. The tea house in the middle of the pond is crowded and a bit expensive, but take a look !!!! Well worth the trip here !!!!!

Yufo Si Jade Buddha Temple

by iwys

This is the most important Buddhist temple in Shanghai. It was built between 1911 and 1918. The centrepiece is a 2m-high, white jade, seated Buddha. There is also a reclining Buddha.

Open 8.30am-5pm daily
Admission Y10

The Rest of The First Day

by AVSENT

"Day One Continued"

Well, after breakfast, I checked out of the hotel and headed for the Maglev. The ticket counter and entrance were located right across from the elevators of the hotel. I got my ticket and went to the waiting area and it was not long before the train arrived. The ride was awesome-high speed-and it didn't take long to get to Longyang station (about 5 mins-watch video).
At longyang station, I got a little brave and decided to try the Metro to get to my hotel. It was early in the day so, I set out to get tickets and got a transportation card (convenient to carry and to buy other things-but the card itself costs; and then you have to return it later to get refunded). This turned out to be more expensive than just getting a day pass.
Anyway, after a few wrong turns and having to carry my luggage up and down some stairs, I made it to Shanghai Railway station. From here I had no idea which way to go to get to the hotel. So, I decided on a taxi for the rest of the way but, had a hard time with the language barrier until someone that worked at the taxi stand for the city explained to the driver where I was going. After about 10 mins of what seemed like circles, we came across a sign over the road saying to take a left to get to the hotel. I motioned to the driver, he noticed the sign, then he took the left turn, and then we stumbled across the place. I motioned again and I was relieved we got to the place without much hassle. I paid him the 12 RMB (2 USD) and a tip, thanked him in Chinese, and proceeded to check in. I realized later, 12 RMB is the standard flag drop; and that it was really easy to walk to the train station.

"Gettting Comfortable"

Well, it was about noon when I got there and they told me the room was not ready yet, and to come back in an hour; or I could pay a little more and get into a club room in the executive tower. I already was paying tourist prices for a room with daily breakfast (a special), plus getting a room upgrade from being a Gold Ambassador member; I thought why would I need anymore (plus pay more). I waited for the room but, at the last minute decided to go for the extra upgrade (only 30 USD more). It was a good choice. I got a wonderful room (a suite), plus drinks and food all day long.
Yes, it was time to live it up a bit. I got changed and cooled down since, it was still warm for September; and then I went to the club room and had a soda and snack.
After, this break I headed out to get a sim card so, that I could call some internet friends that were going to show me some sites in Shanghai. Well, the sim card thing didn't work out but, I got a charger (cheap) for my cell phone, since I left without it. All this was done in less than a block from the hotel. On the corner of the street where the hotel is, there is a pedestrian bridge that connects all four corners (great view from here-you can get the best view of the Shanghai Railway Station with the gold letters over head). About a block from here, there was a building with nothing but cell phone/gadget dealers in small shops. I noticed signs here to the Metro and began to investigate. I found the stop and went down to the gates and found a ticket office that sold the day passes. This was very convenient. I got one and headed back to the hotel.
I got back to my room and called one of those friends and agreed to have breakfast with her at the hotel. Then, I set out for Nanjing Rd.

"Nanjing Rd. At Night"

So, anyway it was only two stops to get to Peoples Square and the division between east and west Nanjing Rd. It was a very modern stop with connections. I got out and headed east on Nanjing Rd. It was amazing (like the Ginza in Japan). And, it wasn't long before I was hit on by a young girl that wanted to sit down and have a drink. I had read all about these scams-but, I talked to her anyway and just kept walking her down the street. I saw the little street train and a few neat buildings. It really was geared for alot, of shopping. But, I was not to interested in all this and went back to my hotel to end the day.
I got back, rested for awhile, and then realized I could finish resting in the club lounge and also, get some food. It was excellent-I didn't expect almost a whole dinner buffet. So, I dug into this nicely prepared cuisine. There were noodles-excellent, a beef dish-excellent, etc. Just alot, of good stuff. The next few days the food proved itself out each night. Just plain good. Anyway, I went back to my room and got ready for the next day(Day two).

"METRO"

Well, I was indeed impressed with the Metro here. It was convenient, quick, short wait times, and best of all cheap. Probably, one of the better systems I have been on. For the most part it was clean and modern, except that I would not recommend it for wheelchairs due to lack of accessibility (Only major stops had elevators or antiquated lifts). There are more modern subways with extensive escalators in other countries but, the Shanghai Metro is improving. Also, alot of the attractions here were near a subway stop.

"People's Square Station"

Very spacious and modern subway station.

"7-11"

Convenience in the subway. There are many shops in the subway station.

"McDonalds"

Capitalism is alive in China. This Mcdonalds went all the way through to another subway mall.

"Shops"

It's just like a hall of mirrors when you look down the passage way full of shops.

Comments