Hongluyuan Ningjiang Grand Hotel

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

M 50 factoryM 50 factory

to bundto bund

The Maglev at Pudong International AirportThe Maglev at Pudong International Airport

Shanghai street by nightShanghai street by night

How do I get to this address in Shanghai

by heymikey

I've just booked some airfare on elong.net and I need to pick it up at the following address:

1-2F, No 10 Building
Multimedia Industry Park
777 lane, Guangzhong West Road
Zhabei District, Shanghai

Do you know how to get to this address from the Bund (planning on staying in a hostel near here) using public transportation (preferrably using the metro). Thanks.

by neverstoptravel

It's pretty far from the Bund, try to contact them to see if you could pick at the airport.

by heymikey

Are there any way to get there using public transport? Actually, I am taking a flight from Hangzhou but decided to pick it up in Shanghai thinking public transport is much better in Shanghai than it is in Hangzhou. There wasn't an option to pick it up in Hangzhou airport.

by neverstoptravel

You may pick it at Hongqiao airport, it's much easier for you.

by enzhu

Can you call and ask if they can deliver for you?

by Hanna920

hi there,
i have booked airplane tickets from this E-long company before and they always sent it to my office or home. so just contact with them and leave them ur exact address .that would be much easier for u to manage.
good luck.

by neverstoptravel

Lovely lady upstairs, visitors usually do not have an exactly address in Shanghai, it's better to pick it up at Hongqiao airport rather than waiting for it.

Anyway, like your pic taken in Europe.

by Hanna920

hi,sorry for very late reply. wish u had tickets arranged smoothly.
thanks for kindly comment about my pic. it was taken last June in Frankfurt ,FIFA2007 season. we went to downtown to watch the game via big screen over Main river, very nice weather and big fun!
nice trips always!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Obelisk - Monument of the People Heros

by Audrey118

Here marks the start of the Huángpu Gongyuán or park which in the olden days had some park rules...the harsh ruling that prohibits Chinese and dogs into the park...
which suggest the underlying attitude of the people over the Chinese.

Shanghai is quite a modernized...

by gigi_huang

Shanghai is quite a modernized city. You can easily find cafe, bar, disco place, teahouses of various style(traditional style mainly for Yuppis, taiwanese style for teenagers). Karaoke is still popular in China. The best Karaoke place in Shanghai is Cashbox.
The most famous nightlife streets are:
1. Heng Shan Road: Bouborn Street, Real Love
2. Mao Ming Road: 1930
3. Xin Tian Di I mentioned in Favorate Restaurant is also one of the most popular nightlife spots.

Expensive ice cream at Xintiandi

by SWFC_Fan about Cold Stone Creamery

I visited Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream during my trip to Shanghai in May 2008.

My subsequent research has taught me that Cold Stone Creamery was first founded in Arizona, USA, but now operates franchises in a variety of European, Middle East and Far East countries.

I visited the franchise which is located in the upmarket Xintiandi district of Shanghai. Xintiandi is a small block of restored “shikumen” houses (traditional Chinese stone gate houses) which now play host to fancy restaurants, cafes and boutique shops. Cold Stone Creamery is located at the southernmost end of Xintiandi, close to a large shopping mall.

There are a few tables inside Cold Stone Creamery, but I preferred to sit at one of the outdoor tables on the pedestrianised precinct out front.

The menu features a confusingly large choice of ice cream options, with dozens upon dozens of ice cream flavours and all manner of accompaniments. You can basically create an ice cream combination to suit your own tastes by following the step-by-step guide on the menu:

First, choose which flavour(s) of ice cream you want. Choices include: chocolate, cookie dough, cheesecake, French vanilla, mango, strawberry, lemon sorbet, pistachio, coconut, bubble gum, peach, mint, Irish cream, butter pecan, cinnamon…

Then, choose which size you want:

“Mine” – choose from 4oz, 6oz or 8oz of ice cream; these sizes are designed for individuals;

“Ours” – larger sizes designed for 2 or 3 people to share;

“Everybody’s” – huge sizes designed for more than 3 people to share!

Next, choose the additional ingredients and toppings that you want:

“Candy” – Snickers, M&Ms, KitKat, chocolate chips, Gummi Bears, marshmallows…

“Cakes and Cookies” – chocolate brownie, cookie dough, pie crust…

“Fruit” – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, apple pie filling, cherry pie filling…

“Nuts” – pecans, almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, walnuts…

Finally, decide whether you would like your ice cream concoction to be served with a waffle and, if so, would you like a normal waffle or a chocolate-dipped waffle?

Prices are pretty steep, especially by Shanghai standards. I paid 52 Yuan / 4.25 GBP for the following ice cream combination:

Ice cream: Chocolate
Size: “Gotta Have It” (the largest of the “Mine” options, with 8oz of ice cream);
Additions: Chocolate brownie and chocolate shavings;
Waffle: normal

An ice cream lover’s dream – but pretty expensive!

Shanghai International Convention Centre

by socrates_07

This very inpressive building has become another new sight in Shanghai. It is located on Riverside promenade in Pudong and has a total floor space of 110.000 sq.m. above ground and 37.000 sq.m. under ground. It consists of up-to-date convention halls and meeting rooms.
Especially from the Bund you can see its own characteristic image.

Changing with the times

by sugarpuff

"The Shanghai around the corner.."

Although I have been to Shanghai on countless occasions, this was the first time I had some time to just roam around the streets taking pictures as and when I pleased, and just generally getting a feel for the city. And it was so much fun! I was here this time on a business trip to film a programme, but luckily had a whole day once we'd finished, all to myself! I was meeting friends in the afternoon so spent the morning walking up Huaihai Road, one of the main shopping streets in Shanghai. I have never really known which subway stop was the best to get off at to hit the shopping street so have never been there, but due to my good friend Christina (we2364) who lives there, getting around was far simpler than I had imagined! You see, many of the subway stops in Beijng carry the name of the place, for example 'Wangfujing' stop lets you off at Wangfujing street (Beijing's Huaihai road equivalent!), so at least you can be sure of many places you're going to. But in Shanghai you've really got to know your way around the city before you get on the subway! Of course, you could always get a map or guide book, but I like to live dangerously!!!!

So anyway, mixed with nervousness and excitedness (does that word even exist?), I dashed around the main places of interest in a day, and I hope with my pictures and comments, it will make your stay in Shanghai easier and fun!

"The Shanghai disappearing..."

From a very tall building I managed to capture this photo...I love it..and it reminds me of yester days in Shanghai.....

Shanghai has probably changed at a fast pace just as Beijing has over the last four years. When I first went to Shanghai I remember far more back alleys than this time round...so where have they all gone? Been demolished just as their sister houses in the capital...I have a horrible feeling yes...

Compare the first photo with the second and you'll realise just how much this country wants to be part of the modern world. Its rather daunting! Why don't they understand that in order to be at the top, you don't need to destroy all your history and build skyscrapers? I find it a great shame... I love just wondering around the old hutongs, and I hope that if you find the time, you too will have an interesting few days.

"Making a movie in Shanghai!"

Last year (Sept 2005) I was in the crew making a film in China which took us to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangxi Province. It was all very very exciting as this was my first time doing anything like this. So I decided to show you some photos of the studio set in Shanghai! It is quite surreal as you walk along the roads and pop your head in what are just shop fronts..not real shops at all! And from film to film, each shop front changes style and name. We spent two weeks filming at the Shanghai Film Studio and I enjoyed every moment of it....

I'm going to make a page on my CHINA site devoted purely to my adventure of being involved in the making of a movie here.....if you're interested, please go and have a look!

Comments