Jin Jiang Jin Sha Hotel Shanghai

Costs 29% less but rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Shanghai

smile Shirley!smile Shirley!

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Chocolate ice cream at Cold Stone CreameryChocolate ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery

french concessionfrench concession

Great Wall of China from Shanghai

by julmar

Is it possible to visit the Great Wall of China from Shanghai. If so, how long will it take to get there and how would I get there.
Thanks

by johnmperry

Well anything is possible! But it's a long way from Shanghai. Best bet is to get to Beijing - plenty of day trips from there. You could take overnight train each way. Or fly.

by mad4travel

Shanghai is over 1000km from Beijing.
Easiest way would be to fly between the two. You can probably easily arrange a tour from a hotel in Beijing. Simitai is a good place to go, further from Beijing but less touristy and less restored.

This is a good website with lots of tourist info:

by bojomacaraig

yes. its an overnite travel by train from shanghai to beijing
you can buy ticket of Z train at the Shanghai railway station..there is an english/tourist counter.

by ellyse

Anything is possible as long as you have the money and time. Why wouldn't it be?
To get more useful answers, it would be wise to let us know your time and financial constraints!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Walking and Seeing

by HooptheWorld

Just walking around Shanghai is full of wonders, large and small, human and man-made: yes, there are some things all tourists are told to see but I found that just taking-in one section of Shanghai at a time was the best, and most deeply rewarding. Wandering around the French Concession I discovered fascinating streets with alleys and doors worth painting; I met people working in stores and found a fabulous bookstore that I would not have found if I were intent upon an itinerary...and, after a few days I felt like I really was in Shanghai...and I felt that sense of truly sensing what it must be like to live and toil in Shanghai. I also found-out that I could simply walk down Shanxi and get to Nanjing Lu without a taxi!! And, in so doing, found stores I would not have otherwise. Plus , hanging-out in the cafe a bit at World Books I found-out there is a flea market there starting in March. So, taking it slow and easy yields a thousand joys. The must-see Tourist sites like the Bund or People's Park paled in comparison to ambling along and observing freshly and without any filter. Also, this allowed me to stumble upon a small group of men playing traditional instruments in a very small meeting place...magic happens without plans!! Plus, not allowing myself to feel rushed yielded meetings with people that gave heart to the city...and, a city is, afterall, the people. My fondest memory of Shanghai is the amazing warmth in the eyes of the people I met, and the sweetness of their smiles. So many examples, but here is one: on a chilly, rainy night we were lost and could not find our restaurant...I showed a woman with her daughter the address in Chinese and she walked us four blocks in the rain to the restaurant...though we could only communicate with our eyes, it was one of the best communications! Such heart and sweetness are common.

Dongjiadu Fabric Market Closed

by lucincia about Dongjiadu Fabric Market

Dongjiadu Fabric Market on Dongjiadu Lu closed earlier this year to make way for the constant construction projects all across Shanghai. Most of the vendors have moved to this location - 399 Lujiabang Lu, just couple streets south from the original location.

a cantonese restaurant

by strollingfish about Zhu Jiang Restaurant

a restaurant serves cantonese food. you can't miss it if you're hanging around the Nanjing Road West.

Bad news: the other day i passed by and wanted to eat porridge then found the place was under renovation. Now the outlet of Zara occupies the lot :-( my most favorites are dim sum and porridge. very tasty.worth a try!

If you like history

by tuff

Shanghai Museum has a large collection of ancient Chinese art. The museum building itself is very modern and the galleries exhibit the masterpieces of Chinese cultural heritage, spanning from the Neolithic Age through modern times.

My Shanghai

by mtaiwai

"Work Work Work 2005"

Was in Shanghai in 2005 for a 2-day business trip. Fly in - 1day, Meetings - 2day, Fly out -1day. Didn't have much time to visit many good places at all!! Stayed near the airport, at Ramada Hotel. Which was a terrible mistake, as that place is a desert in the morning as well as in the evening.

"Work Work Work 2007"

Came back to Shanghai in Jan 2007 for a, guess what 2-day supertight business trip. Supertight as in take the night flight from KLIA to Pudong, wash up and change in the airport, and dash to meeting place. So tight that I didn't even bother to bring along my camera.

Still remember I bought a RMB20 (or 30) mineral water, with water sourced from Artic.

Stayed in Pudong area, at a hotel called Barony Wanyuan at Chang EE Road, near Eastern Hospital. Superb hotel I might say.

Comments