Jinjiang Inn Shanghai Wuning

Agoda.com Booking.com Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

Beautiful at night!Beautiful at night!

can't go therecan't go there

Jade Buddha TempleJade Buddha Temple

some shanghai dish. a bit sweetsome shanghai dish. a bit sweet

SHANGHAI TO BEIGING

by naomishashoua

I am visiting your beautiful city in December with my elderly mother and would like to make a few trips. Would it be possible to visit Beiging for a day? If not, how much time would I need approximately? If there is any information or sights you can recommend I shall be very grateful.

Naomi

by honestjohn

from shanghai to beijing it need 2hr by flight or 12hr by train. there is overnight trains in shanghai you can take at 19:00 to 19:28 to and fro beijing.
1 day is possible to visit beijing, but it's too tight.

by global-nomad

I wouldn't think one day is enough for a trip from Shanghai.
2 hours flight + 1 hour journey to tiananmen square... then consider at least that plus checking-in time plus extra time for the journey back in case of a delay on the road.... and you are left with a real rush and just a glimps of the city. And you mention your elderly mother - I feel that that would be too much of a stress, with very little benefit.
I think that in order to feel that you have seen some of Beijing you should aim for at least 3 days. then you can fit in a trip to the Great Wall as well.

RE: RE: SHANGHAI TO BEIGING

by CeciliaL

Also look at some of the Beijing VT'ers pages. A lot of good information. I would agree that you will need 3 days or so to go to the Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, etc.

RE: RE: SHANGHAI TO BEIGING

by enzhu

If you have only one day, I'll recommend you visit Suzhou.
If you have two days, I'll recommend you visit Hangzhou.
If you have three days or more, you can go to Beijing.

by ellyse

Too short to see Beijing. I'd recommend utilising the comfy overnight Z trains to get there and back, and make it at least a 3N2D excursion, would be good if you can spend more time there.

by neverstoptravel

if you visit beijing for a day, you can only go from shanghai by train in the evening and arrive there in the morning, then visit forbidden city, the temple of heaven, tian'anmen square,take an evening train to shanghai.
as mentioned above, it's tight to visit beijing for only a day and usually visitors will go to the great wall, but it's really cold to visit great wall in december.
find out how many days you have and where you are interested, then a itinerary might be suggested.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Be careful of spit. The...

by paulita1

Be careful of spit. The Chinese do this a lot, it seems to be a favorite passtime. Putting your bag down on the ground is not a good idea for you may place it in a wad of spit.
Toilets on trains are mostly of the squat variety...if you look in the hole you will see the railroad tracks. Easier for women if they wear a skirt.

Chinese like to greet foreigners verbally with a 'hello', then laugh. Don't take it too personally. They are not accustomed to seeing many tourists in mainland China.

Hard Seat

by Mez77

My first train experience in China was travelling Hard Seat to Hangzhou from Shanghai. It is very cheap, but try to avoid unless you want a real Chinese experience. Get your hotel to book in advance to avoid dissapointment. We arrive 2 hours early thinking we could get a seat, but it was the weekend of West Lake Expo and the train was fully booked. We managed to get Hard Seat tickets in 3 1/2 hours time. They sell more tickets that there are seats, so you may miss out on a seat. There are not many westerners travelling hard seat and I found some of the people to be very rude (the worst we encounter in all of China) The carraige was very crowded, hot and noisy, but for 2 1/2 hours it was OK.

The Bund

by MarianneRules

I'm still not sure what the big deal is about this place. I suppose we should have taken a tour and read up on it so we'd know the significance. Its a tourist spot so people from all over the country go see it. It was hot and smoggy so that made it tough to enjoy.

The sights to see are supposed to be the architecture I guess, but I became the focal point that afternoon. Being a lilly white blond with blue eyes was a big hit. People kept staring at me and asking to take pictures of me. It was hysterical. Now I know what it must be like to be a celebrity. It was fun.

Yuyuan Gardens Entrance

by Ash59

This picture is the main public entrance to the gardens, although tourists are usually taken in a different way and exited here.

The picture shows a zig-zag bridge crowded with people. It was one for all and all for one trying to cross that bridge. The Chinese take no prisoners if they want to get somewhere!

The reason that the bridge is zig-zagged is that the Chinese believe that evil spirits can only travel in straight lines and the bridge was built in this way to stop them entering the garden.

swanmey's new Shanghai Page

by swanmey

Hi everybody, I'm from Shanghai, at this moment I'm still a student but working part-time as a shop assistant.

Recently we (3 friends) went to Singapore Malaysia and Bali, Although there are very very hot but we enjoy most of it.

Comments