Jinjiang Inn (Shanghai Xinsong Road)

No.855 Xinsong Road, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201100, China
Jinjiang Inn (Shanghai Xinsong Road)
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

Never stop!Never stop!

entranceentrance

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

The Vighur RestaurantThe Vighur Restaurant

How bad is it visiting Shanghai in the first week of May (the "golden week")?

by vlylam

This is probably a stupid question(but still, I'm hoping for some alternate answers): Is everywhere going to be really crowded during the first week of May (I'm visiting Shanghai in the last few days of that week)? Is it really necessary to have advance booking for restaurants that I've planned to go to?

How easy/difficult is it to flag a taxi on the street?

by HanGJeBat

Well China is a massive country so big crowd everywhere is a normal thing there especially the big cities like Beijing, Shanghai etc. But no worries.....you'll be doing just fine there as long as you know where to go and go early.

I don't think advance booking for restaurants is necessary except the place that you want to go is really famous and need reservation in advance. There are abundant of eating places in Shanghai, so don't worry.

Its easy to flag a cab and so do the buses.

Planning in advance will smooth your trip and hope you will enjoy it.

by conniechong

it's never difficult to flag a taxi on the street in shanghai. it is already a crowded city after all, be it holidays or whatsoever.

booking any restaurants not a necessary.

by Jorgito_lindo

I would worry only about booking a hotel. Other than that, it's just gonna be a couple hundred thousand more people on the street. That by the way, is part of the experience of coming to this wonderful country so why miss it?

RE: RE: How bad is it visiting Shanghai in the first week of May (the "golden week")?

by sugarpuff

Yes unfortunately the facts are not going to change, no matter how hard we wish! And beleive you me, we are ALL praying for a miracle! I wont be going anywhere this May holiday which is the first time in a while that I havent gone away, but I was supposed to be working but it has rceently been cancelled, but I think its too late to start making preparations. And to be hinest, I just cant face battling with a billion other Chinese for a room in a hotel or at a restaurant!!!!

If youre going to regular restaurants there shouldn't be any need for booking, but for the restaurants in the popluar areas like Xintiandi, The Bund and some exclusive Chinese restarurants, YES.....DEFINITELY book! I was there last year, well I was there for the October National Holiday, but its' all the same! We were there filming a movie so had a big crew and so needed to book early. We went to The Peace Hotel as they ahve a top floor with an outside bar area. The view of The Bund is fantastic as you can see from my photo on my Shanghai page, but then when you look at all those people, it makes you wonder how you're ever going to get through them all!

And ref taxis...on the first few days of the holiday it will be harder than usual but nothing too difficult, but when you will be there in the last few days, things will have calmed down a bit!

by lucincia

Learned a lesson from our 2-weeks trip last week to Shanghai and surrounding areas. Don't go to "tourist" places on weekend! You're battling with other tourists and locals! Gosh, went to Hangzhou on a Sunday and the place was packed! Went to Suzhou on Tuesday and it was nice and peaceful - uh, relatively speaking.

As for taxi, pray it doesn't rain. It's impossible to find a taxi when it is raining. It's the same in every large city I suppose :)

As for food - eat at street vendors. Cheap. Good. And no waiting :)

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Shanghai Museum of Sun Yat-sen's Former Residence

by Renee44

For those who are interested in Sun Yat-sen, you can visit this place. Sun Yat-sen and his wife Soong Ching Ling stayed there from 1918 to 1924. After his death, she continued to stay there until 1937. Entrance fee is about RMB 8.

There was a guide who explained the various rooms etc in both Chinese and English.

The address is at 7, Xiangshan Road. (Near Huaihai Road)

Traveling from Shanghai to Beijing and vice versa

by Travelchili

There are a number of night trains departing from Shanghai to Beijing every night (and vice versa). The soft class trains are excellent . In fact, I hadn't been on such a nice train before (and I've traveled extensively by train in Europe and elsewhere). The ticket on a soft class train costs you RMB 499 and the trip will take you between 12 and 13 hours. On some soft class trains they even give you a dinner for free!

However, you can also make the trip by taking a hard class sleeper. They are less comfortable, but save you about RMB 150.

Shanghai Museum

by xiquinho

The world-renowned Shanghai Museum, a museum of ancient Chinese art, was established at the West Nanjing Road in 1952; it was moved to 16 Henan South Road in 1959. In 1990, it was moved once more to its present and arguably most appropriate location in the People's Square. With a collection of over 120,000 pieces of cultural relics, the museum is especially famous for its treasures of bronzes, ceramics, paintings, and calligraphy.

Nanpu brigde

by socrates_07

We arrived in Shanghai in the night and from the airplane I could see the modern Shanghai. Then I was impressed by the airport. At once it came into my mind that China want to show the visiters its best face. We took a bus to the hotel and when we passed Pudong I was impressed again.... when I saw the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. But then we came to the Nanbu bridge... at that time I not only was impressed, I was speechless....

Touring the back streets

by lexnrena

"Fish Market"

Just a few side streets away fom our hotel, in the opposit direction on Nan Jing Lu, was this great market were the people were very frendly and wanted their picture taken.
I had the OK from the market boss..... the guy with the red arm band.
AT first I thought that he was a first aid attendant, but then I learned that he ran the market.
Here is a family selling their meat

"The Fish"

All kinds of fish

Making some kind of flat bread

It was a rainy dismal day and it gave the market an ambiance all its own.
Steam rising from the cooking pots.

"Kids"

What is a Chinese New Year without little boys playing with fire crackers?

As I broke out of the narrow streets, I came to the river where this seafood restaurant was.
I did not get the chance to eat here so I can't tell you whether it is any good.

I didn't have the heart to tell these guys what was in store for them

Comments