Kailun Hotel

No.222-48 Panyu Road, Changning District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200050, China
Kailun Hotel
Travelocity Tingo.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Shanghai

delicous....delicous!delicous....delicous!

The BundThe Bund

Jing'an area neighborhoodJing'an area neighborhood

At dayAt day

Plus Size Ladies' Wear

by Marcialina

Hi guys, I will be going to Shanghai early of Nov for a vacation. I am thinking of buying some plus size ladies' wear for a booth at my church's Christmas Feast in Dec. Since it is a charity event therefore I cant afford for pricey clothes. Can anyone provide me some info/website on the wholesaler?

Kindly suggest also which hotel is safe for a solo female travller.

by ellyse

Personally, I would suggest shopping online at Taobao where you could search by keyword and/or browse by category. However if you don't read Chinese that might not be a great idea for you. :(

by gaolei

It is difficult to find Western size clothes, let alone Plus size. Most clothing is aimed at the majority buyers, slender Chinese women. In my own case, I needed shoes once, so I searched the department stores and found only a couple of US size 12 shoes in all downtown Shanghai. When I showed the shop girls my feet, they just laughed and shook their heads no.

by lindyz

Yes, good luck trying to find "plus size ladies clothes"! I am usually a size 12 or 14 and usually got told by shopkeepers that they didnt have anything "large enough" to fit me!!! I was trying on like L or XL or even XXL.

by ellyse

I'm around UK size 12 and a lot of clothes tend to look rather tight on me even if I do fit in them... sadly!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Where to buy designer label copies

by Damian1 about unknown

Can anyone tell me the street/s where the shops are that have designer " production over-runs " and copies etc.
Also where the markets are that sell the better quality copy watches etc.
Also, where can we find baby things ~ toys / clothes etc for our offspring.

Japanese food in China!

by ChiSawGang about Uminosachi

I came all the way to China, to eat Japanese food! This was the first place I ate in Shanghai, right off the plane, thanks to Ellyse for taking me there. For 150 RMB (about 17-18 US $) a person, it was all you can eat, all you can drink sake, and you can’t eat the food fast enough before there is no room on the table. Their menu is very extensive - the sushi is great, the steak is delicious, the octopus was outstanding, the horse was exceptional! Best cod I’ve ever had in my life. Employees dress in a kimono of sorts, very nice atmosphere. The octopus was my favorite.

Panda in Shanghai

by xiao

Once a private estate of the Sassoon family, then a city golf course, before its conversion to a zoo in 1954. That probably explain the beautiful landscape.

There are about 600 species there, including panda. See them before they extinct.

Admission ¥30

Xintiandi.

by Guantanamera

Xintiandi is a very trendy and upscale district in the center of Shanghai, just south of Huaihai Road and east of Chongqing Nanlu... It has numerous expensive shops, restaurants and bars, for the elite set... Pictured here, one of the finest examples of the Xintiandi architectural style, a small privately owned mansion...

Comments