Modena Putuo Shanghai

No.1, Lane 58, Tongchuan Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200333, China
Hotels.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Shanghai

with my best buds outside the hostelwith my best buds outside the hostel

View of SWFC & JM Tower from OPTView of SWFC & JM Tower from OPT

Colorful and exciting.Colorful and exciting.

Colour and calmColour and calm

Tennis Master Cup in Shanghai

by Yawen

Hi,
Im planning to watch the tennis master cup in shanghai, does anyone knows how to get there?

I think there are shuttle buses to the stadium right? But anyone knows where to take the shuttle buses? And how much will it cost? Is there any time schedule for these buses?

Thank you....

by puerto_lover

Its all on the Tennis Masters web site. This is the Shuttle info:

by Yawen

hi
I do have the link regarding the shuttle informations, but I do not understand certain things.

Are these shuttle buses?

"Line 1:Shanghai Grand Stadium Line.
Shanghai Grand Stadium(Gate No.7 on Lingling Road) to Tennis Center."

Is this mean to take the metro line 1 to shanghai grand stadium, and from there, take a shuttle bus to the tennis center??

Thanks.

by ellyse

Yes, take metro line 1 or 4 to Shanghai Stadium/Shanghai Indoor Stadium, then change to a shuttle bus to get to Qizhong Stadium.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Shanghai's best bargains

by lindyz about Underground Xinyang Markets at Pudong

Anything you want to buy - you will find it here! This was possibly our best shopping destination while in Shanghai, we did visit on 2 separate days. It is very very easy to get to. Just take subway Line 2 (we got it from Nanjing East Station) to Shanghai Science and Technology Station, which I think is 4 stations away and a one-way ticket cost only 4rmb. When you get off at the station, the Markets are actually on the same level. Not only are the Xinyang Markets there, but also another HUGE shopping area called "AP Plaza" and another one called "Pearl Market something".

Plus, it is all underground and quite cool to shop in. Even though the temperatures did not reach above about 25 degrees in Shanghai, the humidity is still very high.

I bought a lot of silver Tiffany jewellery here, plus heaps of chinese souvenirs, t-shirts, bags, bikinis, new reading glasses, keyrings, nighties, cushion covers, wine bottle covers, bookmarks - like I said, anything you want to buy, you will indeed find it here.

Go to the Jinmao Kaiyue Hotel,...

by Schocolade

Go to the Jinmao Kaiyue Hotel, the highest building in shanghai, 88 floors, and take a life to 56, to the piano bar, the enviro is the best i have seen in all Cafe, price is worthy, look to the cieling, you will find the about 30 floors are above you, a wonderful view. also can take a coffee in other cafe there, birdview the shanghai.

Tea Ritual

by solopes

When visiting the Bund, we stopped in a store where a lady performed a long ritual of tea preparation, with description of the benefits of each kind of tea, and everybody around the table smelling and tasting several of them. You you're in a package you will probably do the same, but be careful at the end: the show may have a "heavy" ticket if you decide to buy by impulse. It's easy to happen, I'm serious, it happened to... someone that I know, and found the same tea in the airport by half the price.

Shanghai

by TheEagleGuy

"Modern China"

My favourite city - anywhere! It's a great place and I love to go back whenever I can. The first time I went to Shanghai was in the early 1990's. Although I went to China a few times, I didn't actually go back to Shanghai again until I went there to work at the start of 2005. The changes the city had gone through in the intervening years were staggering, and I could hardly recognise the place even though I knew I was walking down the same streets as on my previous visit.

I spent just under six months in Shanghai in 2005, and I loved every minute of it. It was a great place to live and work, and I completely fell in love with the place. Luckily I have been able to come back on a regular basis since then both for work and private visits. And the city is still as vibrant and full of life as it was when I went there to work at the start of 2005.

Shanghai is a modern city. If you are going to see the old traditional China then Shanghai is not the place to go. You will be better off going to Beijing or Xian, or at least be prepared to travel a bit out of the city. There are a number of places worth visiting close to the city, including the numerous so-called "water villages" that dot the region just to the north-east of Shanghai. It is also only a few hours by train to places such as Nanjing and Hanzhou (frequently dubbed "the most beautiful city in China").

But if you want to see the new and emerging China, if you want to do some shopping, or want somewhere with good food and brilliant nightlife - well then Shanghai is definitely the place for you.

But why choose? If you can then why not do both the old and the new? There are loads of operators offering tours that take in Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai. I've done a couple of these tours myself at various times and I would recommend it for anyone that has the time and money.

Comments