Motel 168 (Shanghai Gonghexin Road)

No.1280 Gonghexin Road, Zhabei District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200070, China
Motel 168 Shanghai Gonghexin Road
Ctrip.com Travelocity Agoda.com

More about Shanghai

Great entrance!Great entrance!

night viewnight view

XintiandiXintiandi

Shanghai Train StationShanghai Train Station

What do the price colours mean in shops?

by neil_barker

Last time I went to Shanghai I visited the No 1 Department Store and there were various things marked with Red, Green or Blue stamped prices. I was told once what the colours mean but I have forgotten.

Can some one help?

RE: What do the price colours mean in shops?

by cgf

...bookmark...

RE: What do the price colours mean in shops?

by Lance_in_shanghai

I haven't noticed these color prices in that store. I was shopping there last week. I don't think you need worry much about it. They don't want to have any secret code that only the cogniscenti enjoy. The name of the game is selling.

You are surely aware of the huge red single digit number on a card in most shops? That gives the tenth part of the original price you will pay. For example, list price is 200 kwai. Red 7 on the card means you will pay 70 percent or 140 kwai. That's as close as I have seen to an insiders price.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

A good pair of joggers is essential

by Amareyui

My pair of joggers literally saved my left foot. I thought my foot was a goner for sure when I was being pushed from behind, and I stumbled into a taxi's front wheel. I felt on object rolled along the edge of my foot. I lifted it up, and miraculously it was pretty much intact, with only a black tire mark to show for what just happened.
This pair of joggers is surely going to my personal hall of fame collection.

Shanghai Personal assistant

by cbize_pa

At present, China Business Engine has more than 50 personal assistant speaking varied languages. In order to ensure the service quality, all the personal assistants sign with our company after verification of identification and strict interpretation test. Most of the personal assistants have bachelor or master�fs degree and overseas study or work experience and rich experience in personal assistant service. Moreover, the price of PA service of our company is relatively low in this line.

We provide the following services:
Airport pick up/drop off
Visiting factory/suppliers
Exhibition/Show fair
Business negotiations
Tour guide
Medical treatment companion
Office/Home real estate rental assistant

Our value-added services:
�i1�j Interpreter for varied languages�FEnglish-Chinese, French-Chinese, German-Chinese, Spanish-Chinese, Portuguese-Chinese, etc. ;
�i2�j Emergency order service: we knows exactly the available time of our personal assistant, and we accept order in 3 days prior to the tour;
�i3�j Car rental and other agent order services.
�i4�j As the most professional foreign-related business service organization in China, we can provide you with the suggestions and advices from our professional consultants in term of Visa, work and resident permit,, business registration, accounting and audit service, tax services, and human resource during the period of PA service, which never happens in common translation companies.

Please send your requirement to Rosalyn@cbize.net
You may place your order through our website:
If you are in the territory of China, please visit http://www.cbize.com/brand_service/detail6.php
If you are not in China, please visit our global site: http://www.cbize.net/brand_service/detail6.php

Take the Chevvy to the Leevee

by sourbugger

The 'Bund' is a mile long piece of waterfront in Shaghai. It has long history of being the commercial centre of the city in the days when foreign companies and their employees made Shanghai a byword for frivolity, hedonism and depravity !

These days the building have a much more 'staid' feel to them. The fifty odd important ones now come with some kind of preservation order on them.

It is still a great place to go for a stroll, taking in the sights on the Shanghai side, and looking over the buzy working river to Pudong as well. Despite it's unfortunate name Pudong is the gleaming 'New York' style sky-scraper area of the city that seems to expanding upwards at a terrifying rate.

Taking a Walk on Nanjing Road

by chatterley

This road is basically a shopping district, and is divided into 2 parts - Nanjing Road East and Nanjing Road West. Me and hubby went to both parts. Nanjing Road East has more shops which cater for the masses, while its counterpart on the West seems slightly more upmarket. We prefer the East Road, as it is busier, bustling with activities and seems more "local".

Most of the shops in Nanjing Road East sell local brands, and the products include clothing, shoes, bags and luggages, etc. We bought some sweaters here (the prices of sweaters and winterwear are much cheaper than what we get in Singapore).

Have a Nice Day

by alexia_lin

I spend all my time here. That's Shanghai. Someone new to here is really surprised about the rapid developement in this old and new city..yeah..even me, a local shanghainese feel a bit shocked to see so many changes happened these years. If you are planning to live or work here, www.shanghaiexpat.com is a good place to visit. It's run by some expats in Shanghai. I hope you will like it. BTW, they have the best forum, so many nice people would like to answer your questions. :)

Comments