Motel 168 (Shanghai Jiading Bole Road)

No.2 Qinghe Road, Jiading District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201800, China
Motel 168 Shanghai Jiading Bole Road
Ctrip.com Travelocity Agoda.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Shanghai

sharks fin soup....very nice!!sharks fin soup....very nice!!

Keep an eye out for the logo!Keep an eye out for the logo!

with a viewwith a view

Jingou templeJingou temple

Yangtze river cruise help please.

by lapsycrafter

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question. My husband and I have booked a trip to arrive in Shanghai April 5,2011. We return home from Beijing April 15th. We are planning an organized tour between these two cities.China Tours offers a Yangtze River cruise,(fly to Chongqing). Fly from Yichang to Beijing. We are trying to decide between this trip or any of the many other tours,where you travel either by train or plane between shanghai and Beijing. Any help in making this deceision easier would be great.
Thanks

by enzhu

If you have never been China before, I won't recommend the cruise for you at this time. You have 11 days in total, you can spend 3 days in Shanghai, 4 days in Beijing and remaining time in Xi'an and Shanghai nearby area such as Suzhou. You can do this by yourself, there is no need for organized tour.

by menado

I have been to Yangtze river cruises, before the big dam and after, It had changed a lot, but still it was wonderful cruise. I enjoyed both tour very much.

by Odinnthor

I just responded to another quiery regarding the Yangtze River cruises. There is something to be said about the time frame, as the X'ian area should be given ample time to include all the Terra Cotta excavations. However, as someone above said, and I will echo, - the Three Gorges cruise was better before they built the bloody dam, but it is still a great cruise. I used Victoria Cruises for my tours, and was satisfied, as were all on my tours.

by al2401

I would definitely do the cruise if you have time. There is just so much to see in China!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Dinxiang Garden

by goglobe

Located in Huashan Road but not popularly known as a tourist area, Dinxiang Garden used to be a classy leisure garden for the high class more than 300 years ago. Now it retains the long dragon carving, flower shrubs, willow trees, a few pavillions, still a serene and quiet spot in the middle of the city. People also visit the very good Chinese restaurant as a new additon to the place.

Here's a tip for the HUGE...

by MylesD

Here's a tip for the HUGE train station in Shanghai. If you got your ticket through your hotel's business center (or from CITS) then don't be intimidated by the train station's size (it's as big as an airport). Skip the queues downstairs and take the escalator up to the waiting areas. Check out the big board for your train's time and platform, they announce in English and Chinese.

Shanghai bike tours-ChinaCycleTours

by 33amanda

I took the half day Shanghai highlights tour on my first day in the city. It really gave me a great overview of all of the different areas and highlights in Shanghai and helped me get oriented to the city. Patrick was my guide and he was great. He was very friendly and informative. We traveled through the Old City, YuYuan Bazaar, Pudong and the French Quarter. The tour is a combination of biking and walking in certain areas which are too crowded. We went to some places that I probably wouldn't have found by myself and ended up going back to a different day.

I am definitely glad that I went with a guide to bike in Shanghai as the roads are very busy and I am not used to amount of cars, bikes and motorcycles on the road. The pace was perfect and they will go as fast or a slow as you need and I felt perfectly safe the whole time. The bikes are very comfortable and I could have easily ridden them the whole day. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Shanghai!

Er Hu

by Sharrie

Er Hu - Chinese 2 stringed violin.

According to ChineseCulture.Net, this is what Er Hu is:
"This is one of the most widely used bowed instruments in China. It represents a second type of hu-qin constructed of various hardwoods with the soundbox covered by snake skin. The top of the neck is often carved in the form of a dragon or bat? head. In the Beijing opera it matches, but an octave lower, the high-pitched jing-hu. The er-hu has been modified throughout its 500 year history, so that its tone is both mellow and bright, making it popular for both solo and orchestra performances."

Comments