Motel 168 (Shanghai Pudong Aveune)

No.1, 3040 Alley, Pudong Aveune, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200135, China
AMOMA.com Otel.com

More about Shanghai

Jiu Jiang Lu, near the Bund District, circa 1998Jiu Jiang Lu, near the Bund District, circa 1998

Waiting at Nanjing East StationWaiting at Nanjing East Station

The most magnificent fruitThe most magnificent fruit

Nanjing Lu at nightNanjing Lu at night

How to go Ningbo

by mayleecm

Hi,

I will be going to Ningbo later this month. Wondering if I fly to Shanghai airport, how to go to Ningbo from the airport? How long is the journey? Also any 4-5 star hotel to recommend in Ningbo, only for 1 night? Then I will be travelling back to Shanghai. Please advice, thanks.

Re: How to go Ningbo

by gaolei

There is a new bridge tunnel across the bay to near Ningbo. The only way I could think to go is by taxi from the airport. It will cost several hundred dollars. Total time, I guess 3 to 4 hours. I think the problem is finding a taxi that will want to take you.

There is also a ferry to Ningbo, but I don't know much about it. I went by train once and it took 4 to 5 hours if I remember correctly. Add to that the 1 hour from Pudong airport to a Shanghai train station.

There is also a plane to Ningbo, I think. I went there long ago by plane from Hong Qiao Airport (before there was an Pudong airport). I would check the Chinese air sites. It was a very short trip by air, maybe 20 min.

Re: How to go Ningbo

by ellyse

You have quite a few choices.
a) direct pre-arranged transfer
b) flight via Hongqiao airport
c) train via Shanghai South train station
d) bus via Shanghai South long-distance bus station
I don't know what would suit your situation best.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

'Antique' Market

by bhemak about Dongtai Lu Antique Market

The market sells a variety (a wide variety) of antiques. From 'little red books' to vases, to masks, to old (looking) radios, to propaganda posters and a host of things I just ignored becuase it was too much.

Not a lot of tourists here (on the day I went) and not too hectic (like Yu Gardens Bazaar). Bargin a lot. I bought my items for an average of 1/3rd of the first given price. Remember these probably aren't antiques, so just buy what looks good. Don't expect to have a 'find' here.

Old restaurant with quality

by homa about Mei Long Zhen Restaurant

The restaurant is behind an unattended entrance on the Nanjing Road. Old styled buildungs around and also inside the restaurant. Mei Long Zhen is famous all over Shanghai with it's traditional dishes and original shop. But it's not too hard to find the same taste in other new opened restaurant. So what makes me to come here? I must say it's not a bad choise because the dishes are well prepared, tastes exactly what I expected from Shanghai- dishes. Even it's an old restaurant but I didn't see anything from extremly worn, dirty or smelly! It's alright! I will never be able to describe everything in English....Try to get some recommendations from the well trained waitress by telling them what kind of meat you want and she will let you know how they're going to do it!
Don't forget to save some space for desserts, kind of "red- bean filled pancake" is my favorite.

Shanghai's Hot New District

by sweetie_inc

Xin Tian Di is the hottest new entertainment district in Shanghai.

Design is what makes Xin Tian Di so attractive, inside and out. Each of the two to three-story Shikumen looks unique, reflecting the exquisitely-preserved twists and turns of an evolving neighborhood, over the decades. It retains the antique walls, tiles and exterior of the Shikumen housing of old Shanghai.

On the other hand, its interior embodies a totally different world of international gallery, bars and cafes, boutiques or theme restaurants. When you walk into Xin Tian Di, you will get the taste both of Shanghai in the 1920's and the sonic modern lifestyle of urbanites of the 21st century.

Shanghai Xin Tian Di has become the best place for tourists to appreciate the history and modern life of the city, and is also a meeting place for local citizens and foreign visitors.

Back in Shanghai

by hollisrules

"Getting to know you......"

It’s time to get to know Shanghai again. I first visited in 1995 and traveled here from time to time on business through 2000. After not visiting so much I now find myself back in Shanghai quite often. I have customers in Shanghai, Suzhou and Kunshan.

My company has an office in just off the French Concession and I have some friends that are on expat assignment here so getting around and seeing the sights is not a problem.

Shanghai has changed tremendously since the mid 1990s and the government continues to pour billions into modernization and expansion. There’s a ton of buzz now as Shanghai prepares for their 2010 Expo...

Hong Kong remains my favorite city in China; however, I’m beginning to grow fond of Shanghai as I get to know it a little better……

Comments