Motel 168 (Shanghai Pujiang Bridge)

No. 2330 Pudong Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200135, China
Motel 168 Shanghai Yangpu Bridge
Ctrip.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

English..tyEnglish..ty

Amazing detail in stone pathwaysAmazing detail in stone pathways

One of the Metro Entrances by the Science MuseumOne of the Metro Entrances by the Science Museum

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Would personal guide be a good idea

by Karen-Estelle

Hi,

My 21 year old daughter and 24 year old son are presently in Shanghai. Never having travelled before they're finding it hard knowing where to go and what to do. They tried talking to the conscierge at Radisson Hotel but are not having much success. They firstly wanted to know how to book the acrobatic show and circus show? He says he doesn't know. I am wondering if it may be worth paying a guide for a couple of days to show them around? They have another 4 days to fill in, but are thinking of trying to head back to Hong Kong early. Does any one have any ideas or can recommend a personal guide?

by augin2

We are planning to Shanghai this 17July and thinking of using personal guide either. We havent decided yet.So I can't really recommend or say if this guide is good or not.
But if it is neccessary for you, maybe you could contact Ling yan shi.
contact: 021-138-1611-2643, I got this info from her website. Her email lisa@shownbylocals.com. U could check her feature in shownbylocals.com.

Hope it could helps and pls inform me if she is as good as her feature says.

by yellowbell

We had a personal guide when we went to Shanghai so we didn't have a problem booking the Charming Shanghai Acrobat Show which we really enjoyed and the Huang Pu night river cruise where you can view the Bund, a row of colonial buildings.
Sorry, I just don't remember the name of our guide.

anyhow, we wandered around at night to Xian Tin Di for night life using a taxi and we didn't encounter a problem since I had the concierge write the name of the hotel or my destination in Chinese characters. I also picked out a travel brochure in the hotel lobby so I can show the cab driver what I want to visit.

Check out my pictures of the Charming Shanghai Acrobat Show

by MikeySoft

Shanghai is a modern city with excellent public transportation and good taxies. Most experience travelers have little problems with a good guidebook.

But your children are inexperience so a guide is a good idea for them. It would be a shame for them not to enjoy the sites while they are there. It is shocking the concierge cannot not help them. I would complain to the Radisson about that.

by ellyse

That's disgraceful that the concierge can't help them, it's a 5-star hotel!
Too bad I'm not currently in town, or I'd offer to help out. Get them to perhaps buy a guidebook from a bookstore (there's a foreign-language bookstore on Fuzhou Lu which should be within reasonable walking distance from the Radisson New World Hotel), get a copy of the metro map, do some homework and head out on their own.
There isn't a circus show, but there're a few acrobat performances -- out of which I would recommend the one at Shanghai Circus World.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Buying Shoes

by scfang about Shanghai N0 1 Department Store

USed to be the largest department store in Shanghai and I believe it is one of the first few (the first should be Hua Lian, I think) department store in Shanghai. IT has gone thru a few facelift and it has become a modern depratment store Shoes!! Try the Basement 1 level. The whole floor is selling shoes. Shoes are very cheap and of good quality. Most of the shoes are about 200-250 RMB (less than US$30).

Delicious meals, nice place, economic prices

by 123Sophie about Lu Bo Lang

Both interior and exterior are superb. The restaurant is famous for great food, great location and it`s clients include world famous personalities like many presidents... and me. It`s better if you plan for late lunch when the restaurant isn`t so crowded. Little rice cakes stuffed w. svveet filling and covered with white or black sesame seeds for desert.

I love this place

by tuff

Yuyuan Garden / Old God/ Temple / Old Shanghai. This area contains some of the old buildings in Shanghai. The view of the lake, zig-zag bridge and the traditional architecture in the background is beautiful. Make sure to try the dumplings from Nan Xiang Restaurant. I am not sure if I spell the restaurant's name correctly, but this is the restaurant with the longest line, you can't miss it.

French Concession

by Willettsworld

The French Concession was established on 6 April 1849, when the French Consul to Shanghai, Charles de Montigny, obtained a proclamation from the Governor (Daotai) of Shanghai, which conceded certain territory for a French settlement.

Its borders were expanded twice, in 1900 and 1914. During the 1920s, the French Concession was developed into the premier residential area of Shanghai. In 1943, during World War II, the government of Vichy France announced that it will give up its concessions in China.

The French Concession covered what are today Xuhui District and Luwan District, occupying the centre, south, and west of urban Shanghai. The area comprises boulevards, shops and cafes (such as the Xintiandi), and some very nice houses and churches.

Comments