Nan Ying Hotel

No.1728 Middle Huaihai Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200031, China
Nanying Ruige International Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Shanghai

Outside, that's us!Outside, that's us!

international consortiuminternational consortium

Oriental Pearl Tower, 2007Oriental Pearl Tower, 2007

Steamed fishSteamed fish

shanghai for newlywedss

by wanderer9020

how about shanghai for newlyweds? 6 nights on Feb. is it freezing there? What to do? aside from the Bund walk and the river cruise? Any romantic suggestions for this 6 nights at that climate???thanks

by enzhu

I'll suggest you spend some days in Hangzhou and Suzhou.

Shanghai for newlyweds? I don't think so!

by Confucius

I suggest Thailand or Indonesia. Shanghai for a honeymoon? Are you nuts?

by wanderer9020

My fiance is Thai and Bali is just like a normal getaway from us.Im not tryng to be nuts but i want a change , maybe a cold weather which i belive Shanghai does

Let's freeze our butts on our honeymoon, honey!

by Confucius

Harbin does cold weather better than Shanghai.

by polartraveller

Shanghai just does not have the hot springs to make it romantic for newlyweds, how about Japan?

by Helenbb

It is cold in Feb. But during that period is Chinese New Year. Should be fun .

by CeciliaL

Shanghai really is not a very romantic city...... you can go to some neighboring towns like Hangzhou, Suzhou, Anji, etc to get away from the crowds.

It maybe more fun and warmer to go to Thailand and Indonesia during Feb. There are some remote islands that should be more romantic for honeymooners......

by Helenbb

I'll suggest Hai Nan or San Ya -- In south china. Weather is nice and warm. Some of my friends spent their honeymoon there. :)

by Terenceg4s

I think Shanghai is rather nice place for newly wed couples. I mean, its a romantic city at night.. who doesn't agree ? Bali, Thailand - yes romantic, outback relax mood. Shanghai is city full of lights and life.

I like the Bund. Take a ferry. Go visit their parks - its amazing you find many parks smacked within skyscrapers and busy streets too..if you can explore. Walk down the older street area and enjoy the typical old shanghai rennaissance moods..but if you are looking at tour package to SH, then I say forget it... you will not be able to catch the glimpse of the details there cos its too rush..

To each his own, but I'm visiting Shanghai with my girl this coming month end for a week though..

by Helenbb

Thank you for your comments on my hometown Terenceg4s :)

And wish you have a lovely trip here

Travel Tips for Shanghai

spitting everywhere

by herzog63

I don't want to offend any locals but what's up with the spitting?!? I saw many signs saying "Please don't spit" but people spit everywhere. Including restaurants...Right on the floor too! I wanted to try it just to say I'd done it but I couldn't do it! Maybe this custom will go away. I can safely say that it's the only thing I didn't care for in China....I loved everything else. The People, The food, The trains, the buses etc...

Taxis

by gwen_tifa

The cabs are easily available and at reasonable prices. Getting around in Shanghai via taxis are generally very safe. But still to be on the safe side, always make sure the driver is in uniform, and to agree that the starting price (qi bu fei) is 10 yuan and you are travelling by meter. If you are particular about the existence of the company, the common and most popular cab is Da Zhong (it's green in colour) and there's another company (it's yellow in colour). These cabs I would say, is safer to ride on. If you are getting to the airport, I would not advice taking a cab. You can get the hotel to hire a bus, which you can share the cost with those heading for the airport. That should not cost you more than 40 yuan. If you insist on cab, travelling to the airport may cost you more than 100 yuan.

Zhou Zhuang

by travelgurl

I visited Zhou Zhuang recently and enjoyed myself there. It is a beautiful water village, I took many pictures of the water village and it all turned out well because of it's picturesque background. I went to Zhou Zhuang by tour bus. I think it is better if you go there on the weekdays as I heard that weekends seem to be pack with people. I did not take the boat ride but i saw quite many who did. What was interesting and unique is that (depends on which person you get), when you are on the boat, the old lady that is rowing the boat may start singing a song, and very loudly too. Some might be embarras by it, but as for me, I feel that it is quite fascinating. But it all depends on who is rowing the boat, the old man normally, i think, do not sing. We went to a shop which sells painting of the water village. We bought a hand fan that has the drawing of the water village during winter. I like it very much... can take a look at this shop. I think the owner of the shop is Mr. Lou Ning.

Waibaidu Bridge

by cheezecake_deli

At the northern end of the Bund is the Waibaidu Bridge, previously called Garden Bridge, which spans Suzhou Creek. The current bridge was built in 1907 by the English, the first steel bridge in China and replacing a previous wooden bridge of the same name. When the Japanese invaded Shanghai in the late 1930s, Waibaidu Bridge was the border between Japanese occupied territory and the International Settlement, and Chinese citizens crossing the bridge were often subject to interrogation and harrassment. There is no sign of this colourful history today at the bridge, just panoramic views of Pudong and the Huangpu River.

Shanghai Page

by wallflower

Anything goes in this city. It is incredibly dynamic, has a beat to it that no other city seems to have and is constantly changing. Simply amazing.

Unlike any other big city, it is very safe. Yup. The annoying pickpocket also walks the Shanghai streets, but a bit of common sense helps your wallet to remain where it belongs. In your pocket/bag. And you'll need it. No place where you can find so many amazing deals as in Shanghai. tailormade clothing is dirt cheap and your fake Nike T-shirts will only cost you about 3USD.

In case of emergency, yelling and shouting usually scares them off pretty well. Just yell in whatever langauge you feel comfortable in.

Comments