4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

More about Oriental Riverside Hotel

Which hotel?

by toomast

Hello,

I am planning businesstrip for 10 days in Shanghai. Have anyone stayed in Tongmao or Supreme Tower Hotel in Pudong area?
Thank you for any suggestion for 4 star hotel ( with swimmingpool ) in this area.

Best regards,
Tom

RE: Which hotel?

by ellyse

Hmmm, not 4-star, but how about Oriental Riverside Hotel?

Pedestrian Tunnel?

by SandiM

Browsing through the Shanghai pages, I came across mention of this light-show-trippy tunnel you can take from the Bund to Pudong. However, I haven't seen any updated pages on this. Is this tunnel affected by the current construction? Is it still running? Where can I find the entrance? I plan to be in Shanghai around September 12. Thanks!

by kikili

Hi there
From the Bund end the entrance is at the Nanjing Donglu and from the Pudong end
it's near the Riverside Promenade.I think it's over 50y.....
Hope this helps
Cheers

by MikeySoft

There was a thread about things to do in Shanghai. It got off tropic about the tunnel as a tourist trip. My comment was: ".. is so bad and such a big tourist trip that you may want to take it to experience how bad it is."

I believe it is still open. I have some photos and a link to a video at:

by SandiM

Thanks, MikeySoft! With all the construction going on at The Bund, I was worried that this area was closed off. It's hard to find a decent map on the 'net to see where exactly the entrance (Bund-side) is for this tunnel. Somewhere around Nanjing Rd and behind a convention centre?? Yah, it looks whacky but I'm ok with whacky so it's all good. If anyone else has an update on the pedestrian tunnel (or it's availability by September 2009), feel free to notify me on this thread! thanks!

by MikeySoft

Someone living in Shanghai like ellyse should have the latest info but I expect it is still open.

It is on the north end of the Bund. A little north of the Peace Hotel with is at the Bund and Nanjing road.

This map shows Nanjing road. My Shanghai tips also have maps of the metro.

by gaolei

I was there 2 weeks ago and it looked like it was still open. I did not go in, but passed the entrance and I did not see any restrictions.

by ellyse

The entrance was open (my last visit to that area was probably sometime in June though) near the Nanjing Lu Bund on the Puxi side, and just outside Oriental Riverside Hotel on the Pudong side.

by simcard

It is really not worth the money.. a real rip off. u may come out feeling dizzy as well because of the lights inside.

by SandiM

I don't mind. If I have to get over to the Pudong side anyway to explore, I might as well do it cheesey. I am fully prepared for mild ride. Plus, I haven't seen anything like that before (except in the chicago airport, that's kind of funky) so I'm game.

by MikeySoft

Just have an open mind about the ride.

The fun part is telling everyone how bad it is. :)

by ellyse

I wouldn't mind going on it myself to see how tacky it is, if someone else would sponsor the ticket. :P

Nice hotel in Shanghai

by drandy

Can someone please give some informed impressions about the following hotels in Shanghai,
how are their locations, service and value for money?

1.Oriental Riverside Hotel
2.ZhangYa Hotel

Re: Nice hotel in Shanghai

by mike53

Hi
Most of the Shanghai hotels 3 star and above are pretty good.The Oriental riverside is in a good location by the river. You can check out this hotel on the following website www.ctrip.com which is a chinese booking agent.Zhang Ya should be on there as well
There is info on most hotels in Shanghai and you can also book through them.I have used them myself in the past for business trips both in Shanghai and Hangzhou with no problem.
I think generally you will be impressed by the standard of Chinese hotels.

Enjoy your stay.

Re: Nice hotel in Shanghai

by mike53

Oh ....by the way,service is pretty good and value for money can depend on what time of year you go.I stayed in the Novotel Atlantis last week for $55 per night which is pretty good for such a large good standard hotel. However i always find that the better deals can be made with the non european/american chains and the Chinese hotel standards these days are pretty good.

Comments