Ruitai Jingan Hotel Shanghai

Hotels.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• yobei's Profile Photo

Ruitai Jingan Hotel

I would never stay here again or recommend this hotel, even to my worst enemy. The reason we stayed in this hotel was because it was easy to get to. From the airport we got on subway line two, and changed to the opposite side of the tracks at Guanglan Road, which is the end of the line for the train from the airport (for no obvious reason). There weren't any steps, so it wasn't a difficult journey even with all our luggage. We got off the metro at West Nanjing Station and exited at #4. The hotel is immediately in front of this exit. There is shopping and restaurants nearby. It is a great location, but not worth paying for a night without sleep. Maybe try to find another hotel nearby or one on line #2 from the airport. I saw a few, though I can't remember specific ones. The hotel itself was horrendous and the staff was even worse. I had booked a king bed online, but when I got to the room, it was barely a double bed. My husband and I cannot sleep on such a small bed, which was also rock hard. I went down to explain that we must have been given the wrong room because the bed was not a king bed as my printed receipt clearly stated I had paid for. The manager on duty informed me that this was their "king" bed, which absolutely shocked me. When I tried to explain that a king bed was a standard measurement, he told me that to stay in a different room would cost me $100 more. I pulled up the webpage where I had originally booked the room on my phone and showed him that a room with two beds was available for $17. I asked if I could upgrade for the quoted price, and he refused. He told me to book another room online if I wanted to, and I said that I would love to book it online if he would refund my prepaid cost for the initial room. He refused to refund any money. Basically, my choices were 1) Leave and stay somewhere else though I had already paid, 2) Stay in the room with the tiny, hard bed, or 3) pay $100 more to switch rooms. Needless to say, I was livid. I argued with him for well over an hour. If I had known that the size of the bed was a lie, I would have booked the two beds for $17 more in the first place. He didn't care. Finally, I demanded to see this room that was $100 more. When he took me to see it, I discovered it was only slightly bigger than my original room, had two small double beds, and each one was as rock-hard as the one in my original room. I got zero sleep and had to endure a 14 hour flight the next day. This was the worst experience with a hotel I have ever had, and I have traveled to 50 countries world-wide. PLEASE save yourself the nightmare and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• yobei's Profile Photo

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo

Next to a metrostop

The best side of this hotel is its location next to a Nanjing W metrostop. This is the reason I choce the hotel. Also it is economical choice. (www.sinohotels.com 55euros one double room with two breakfasts).

We stayed on the fifth floor. The room had carpet floors and after two days of stay our slippers we dirty. I mean the carpets were dirty.. The bed is hard as always in China but there were two pillows. Also I must say that the lighting was insufficent in the room, especially when packing up the suitcases we could have used more light.

Breakfasthad cerials, coffee, tea, some fruits, noodles, omelette...not really a western breakfast but if you'll do with a cup of coffee, egg and toasts you'll be fine.

One word of a warning: we prebooked a taxi from reception one day before departure. We told the receptionist that at 7.30 we needed a taxi which would take us to the airport. Well, the taxi came well in advance but at the airport the meter showed 250 RMB! When we came the price was 150RMB. I know this hotel in beforehand and some of my friends has stayed in there too and some has complained that they've got a black market taxi when prebooking it from the reception! So, just be aware of this. The journey from airport (PVG) to this hotel should not cost more than 150-180RMB. Normally the drivers take the Lupu brigde when driving to hotel. This is just for your information.

More about Ruitai Jingan Hotel Shanghai

Comments on this Hotel

by mayleecm

Hi,

My friend's brother recommend us (4 ladies) to stay at the Ruitai Hotal at Taixing Road. Any comment on this hotel? Please advise. Thanks

Re: Comments on this Hotel

by ellyse

Official website: http://www.ruitaijahotel.com/default.asp
Traveller reviews on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g308272-d307513-Reviews-Ruitai_Jingan_Hotel-Shanghai.html
I'm not a fan of the place, as the reviews (on other Chinese-language sites) aren't good apart from the location.
If you fancy the location, try A-Live Design Hotel instead. It's cheaper and newer.

Re: Comments on this Hotel

by mayleecm

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. :-)

Comments