Shanghai Fareast Ever Bright City Hotel

More about Shanghai

That's us!!That's us!!

East Nanjing Road at nightEast Nanjing Road at night

miniatureminiature

Orient Pearl TV Tower viewed from HuangPu riverOrient Pearl TV Tower viewed from HuangPu river

Reaching Hangzhou from Shanghai

by Ruliana

Hi,

can anyone help me with information about the most convenient way to transfer from Shanghai Airport to Hangzhou? I prefer an alternative with a bus to take me directly from the airport to H. I'm landing at 17.35. thanks.

RE: Reaching Hangzhou from Shanghai

by ellyse

There's an airport shuttle for 100 RMB leaving at 1930 from Pudong airport to Hangzhou CAAC office at Wulin Square, very central location. That's the last departure of the day, the next earlier one is at 1730 which you definitely won't be in time to catch.

RE: RE: Reaching Hangzhou from Shanghai

by Ruliana

have you any idea how much could be a taxi from Shanghai to Hangzhou (in dollars)?

RE: RE: Reaching Hangzhou from Shanghai

by ellyse

Have replied you on VTMail.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Furniture Delivery

by herzog63

These guys and their bicycles can haul around great loads of stuff. I've seen these carts stacked 12 feet high with shoes too! They can haul it all!! They are great manuevering their bicycles in around the buses and trucks.

Fastest Ride Ever

by nomadig

The maglev train from Shanghai Pudong airport to the city centre is the fastest public transport vehicle in the world. The 30 km stretch takes less than eight minutes, and the highest velocity is over 430 km/h. Unfortunately this speed is sustained only for a minute as the train needs some time to accelerate and decelerate.

The ride is really an anti-experience, as the high speed does not feel inside the cars. There is no noise or vibrations, it's just like an ordinary train. Only the speed is different, and after travelling a while 400 km/h, 300 km/h seems like walking...

The ride costs only 50 RMB, less than five euros. Funnily enough, the train is not very crowded. Maybe this is due to the location of the station at the edge of the city. Hopefully they don't shut down the service due to unpopularity.

Coffee, Books, And Shopping!

by HooptheWorld

We really enjoyed the French Concession. There are so many charming and unique small stores and many interesting streets to roam. It is easy to walk there from Nanjing Rd. and more relaxing than taking a taxi. Also,there is an excellent bookstore there, GardenBooks, 325 Chang Le Rd. A small cafe is in the bookstore as well. The Boonna cafe is fabulous too (free internet), with good food and coffee and great staff (atmosphere is cozy and sophisticated)..the one on Xinle Rd. The new cafe is more modern. Have fun!

Yu Yuan Garden

by Mez77

The Yu Yuan Garden is a superb garden estate in the heart of Shanghai's Old Town. It is a lush labyrinth of pavilions, ponds, rockeries, and serene pathways. After a busy morning shopping in the Bazaar, the Gardens are a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle and a good opportunity to clear your mind of the numerous chinese artifacts you plan to purchase. At Y35 it was well worth the entry.

Shanghai

by JUNLI

Shanghai is my birthplace where I grew up and spent my first wonderful 25 years. Although living there so many years, I am still not sure how to introduce her to you. Too many stories and too many clues coming together makes me a bit confused when I am thinking to write down something about this city.

I was born in this city and all my childhood was there. I had my trace everywhere in this city; anything coming from this city can make me recall something. Yes, I have too many stories there.

Even if I am not living in Shanghai now, I can't stopping my love to this city. Every year, I spend 2/3 weeks there only on purpose of the used atmosphere there, and only at that moment, I feel I am totally relaxed which is alike a feeling of a kid coming back to his mum...

It might take me ages to think about building this page for my dearest hometown. :-) As the first step, there's a collection of Shanghai NO.1 to you, my friend. Thanks for your interest to Shanghai. It does worth your interest.

Comments